This Cajun Shrimp Pasta Alfredo recipe is made with perfectly seasoned juicy shrimp cooked to perfection and tossed in a creamy alfredo sauce with your favorite pasta. This meal is delicious enough for weeknights and special enough for celebrations. It is a great recipe with protein and flavor and far more budget friendly than eating out!
The easy alfredo sauce that coats this shrimp and pasta dish is a homemade recipe that you can feel good about, no more need to buy premade jarred sauces when you have a delicious preservative free recipe.
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ It is a quick and easy dinner recipe made with simple ingredients with the right amount of flavors.
✔️ This cajun shrimp meal is ready in just 20 minutes and is perfect for busy weeknights for a dinner the whole family will love.
✔️ The creaminess of the alfredo sauce contrasts the spicy and mellows out the heat while packing a punch of flavor.
Fresh shrimp, I like to buy jumbo or large shrimp and leave the tails on.
Pasta, I chose to use a fresh linguini pasta.
Heavy whipping cream, to create the creamy sauce
Chicken broth, thins out the cream and adds flavor.
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley and red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked toss with 1 tablespoon butter and a few tablespoons of freshly shredded parmesan.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with cajun seasoning. Heat the olive oil a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Make the pasta while the shrimp cook. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Once cooked toss with 1 tablespoon butter and a few tablespoons of freshly shredded parmesan.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the chicken broth and butter to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and add the heavy cream. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over top of pasta sprinkled with chopped parsley and red pepper flakes (if using).
Large pot, to cook the pasta.
Large skillet, to cook the shrimp and make the alfredo sauce
Large bowl, to season the shrimp
Colendar, to drain the pasta
Tongs, to toss the sauce with the pasta.
Store any leftover cajun shrimp alfredo pasta in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
- Cook some cooked chorizo or andouille sausages to add to the shrimp and pasta.
- Substitute half of the heavy cream for cream cheese.
- Substitute ½ teaspoon garlic powder and onion powder with 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper in place of the cajun seasoning.
- Substitute your favorite pasta, penne pasta or fettuccine pasta are good ones that will work in this recipe.
Place frozen shrimp in a colander and place in the sink. Run cold water over the shrimp until shrimp have thawed. Remove shells before cooking.
📚 Related Recipes
Similar to Chili's menu recipe, this Cajun Chicken Pasta packs flavor and spice.
Quick and Easy Chicken Alfredo is mild and creamy and a family favorite.
🍽 Serve with...
For a complete meal, serve the shrimp and pasta with a healthy green salad topped with Italian vinaigrette and for a beverage this Frosty Peach Mojito!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Cajun Shrimp Pasta Alfredo
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the shrimp
- Toss shrimp with cajun seasoning. Cook shrimp in hot skillet with butter until no longer pink (be careful to not overcook or it will be tough). Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Linguine – we use Bertolli fresh linguini. It is our very favorite and I use it for every pasta dish that I want linguini for! Cook the package according to directions. Once cooked toss with 1 tablespoon butter and a few tablespoons of freshly shredded parmesan.
- Bring to a boil chicken broth and butter. Add heavy cream and simmer until thickened. Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve sauce over top of linguini and shrimp. You can sprinkle with parsley, but since I only had cilantro I went with that.