Fresh berries are lightly sweetened and dressed with fresh lime juice and fresh ginger lime. Ginger Lime Berries are a delicious fruit salad that can be served as a side dish with your main meal or as a light dessert or snack.
❤️ Why you'll love it
Simple ingredients: fresh ingredients make this easy recipe a delicious and healthy treat.
Fresh fruit: blackberries and raspberries are combined with ginger lime syrup for the freshest flavors.
Easy dessert: this recipe comes together in a short time and is an easy fresh fruit dessert for any weeknight.
- Place the blackberries and raspberries in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar, and fresh grated ginger. Stir to combine.
- Pour ginger lime dressing over top of the berries. Cover berries with lid and gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Glass mixing bowl with lid
Refrigerate: store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Freeze: not recommended
- Substitute blueberries and sliced strawberries, or use a combination of your favorite berries.
- Substitute crushed mint for the ginger.
- Use a sugar substitute in place of the sugar for a sugar free recipe.
- Fresh lemons can be substituted for the fresh limes.
- Add lime zest to berry mixture for more intense lime flavor.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a 1 cup measure and juice the lime over top of the strainer to catch any lime pulp or seeds.
📚 Related Recipes
This Blackberry Upside Down Cake is perfect for dessert or brunch!
The maple syrup compliments the savory pork in this delicious recipe for Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce.
Try this recipe for Maple Scones with Maple Glaze for your next brunch.
Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts are great for breakfast or snacking.
🍽 Serve with..
Serve berries as a side dish or as a dessert over top of cottage cheese or ricotta cheese.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Ginger Lime Berries
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 large lime , juiced
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Mix lime juice, splenda, and fresh grated ginger (I used my microplane zester).
- Pour over fresh berries and toss lightly to coat.
KC the Kitchen Chopper
The Hubby isn't a big ginger fan, but this might "trip his trigger". I love fresh ginger. Thanks so much for the "Shout out". Big Hugs to you girl!! 🙂
I know you are Elle 😉 Your also a coconut girl...a right up my alley kind of girl!
Gorgeous! I'm a raspberry/lime girl, too. 😉
NO REASON NEEDED
I've enjoyed participating for well over a year, though I'm surprised we've never been paired up.
Here's to hoping...
This looks fresh, summery and delicious!
I fell in love with raspberries and lime when I made a lime curd tart and topped it with raspberries. Delicious! And this is so simple, but showcases the flavours so well!
Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen
Summery sweet goodness, you have me drooling!
PERFECT summer treat!!!
I just bought tons here today they were so inexpensive and in abundance right now cant wait to try
I would have never thought to pair these fruits with lime let along ginger but it sounds fantastic.
Pretty and perfect for summer!
I have always loved Nicoles event sine I love to feature other peoples recipes. Time is what is the enemy these days:D
That's quite the fruit salad. The ginger must really compliment the berries.
Oh, yummy! I love a bowl of berries in the afternoon...and this takes them to a whole different level! Delicious idea~
I don't think I'd ever get sick of eating just plain berries. The lime-ginger dressing sounds really refreshing and a good way to change up normal berries!