This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigelowTea #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
These Low Carb Lemon Thumbprint Cookies are sweet little bites filled with a delicious sugar free lemon curd. I served them up next to a hot cup of Bigelow Lemon Ginger Probiotics Tea to celebrate hot tea month and the feel better goal accomplishments I made over the last year!
A little more than a year ago I decided that I was going to get healthy and stay healthy and the way I was going to do that was incorporate exercise and healthy eating habits into my life!
Interested in enjoying a hot cup of Bigelow Tea this fall season? Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and buy it!
Mid-year I decided to go to a low carb lifestyle and that made a huge difference in how I felt! This year, I plan to continue with my lifestyle change and plan to have an improved report for next year. This of course, continues to incorporate the use of my favorite Bigelow Teas!
Last year I incorporated more exercise and changed my eating habits. To date, have lost over 30 pounds and have just recently met 51% of my goal!!
There has been nothing "easy" about it, other than it is easy for me to enjoy the food and drink that I do put into my body. Recipes like these Low Carb Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies, paired with a hot mug of Bigelow Tea help to keep me on track and feeling great about myself.
When the temps turn as cold as they have here in New York recently, celebrating hot tea month is even more satisfying! I love my tea and drink it throughout the day whether at home or in the office. I love how drinking hot tea not only warms me up, but it also makes me feel good about myself!
How about you? Have you made lifestyle changes that have made you feel better about yourself or are you thinking about making those changes? Many people choose to do so at the beginning of a new year. Never fear, even though the year has already started, you can still make those changes and reach your goal! While your doing it, enjoy a cup of Bigelow Tea and make a batch of these cookies. Promise, you will feel the immediate results of feeling better about yourself!
Low Carb Lemon Thumbprints
For the cookies:
- Make the lemon curd ahead of time and place in refrigerator to chill.
FOR THE LEMON CURD
- In a double boiler, whisk together the lemon juice, sugar free sweetener, and eggs until well combined.
- Cook over medium high heat stirring constantly for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the butter and lemon zest. Stir until combined and creamy. Chill until ready to use.
FOR THE COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix in the sweetener until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until stiff dough forms.
- Measure about ¾ tablespoon dough and shape into ball. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and put a small indent in dough with thumb.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- When ready to serve, place 1 teaspoon lemon curd in center of cookie. Store unused lemon curd in refrigerator.
Low Carb Lemon Thumbprint Cookies - Pin it!