This post is sponsored by Workman Publishing Company in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own. The recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers is used with permission from the publisher.
Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers are easy to make, require less than 5 ingredients, and are reminiscent of the chocolate orange you find over the holidays. These crispy hazelnut filled wontons are sprinkled with orange sugar and are a great dessert after your dinner or party treat to make for the holidays!
Mad Hungry - a Cookbook Review
I recently received the Mad Hungry Family cookbook to review. This hardcover book contains no-fuss recipes like these Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers that are full of flavor.
The author, Lucinda Scala Quinn, shares "empty fridge" strategies that are budget-friendly and creative! Giving the experienced and newbie cook tools they need to be successful in the kitchen resulting in a happy and satisfied family!
Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers - an undeniable keeper recipe!
This recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers is one that I will definitely keep around for holiday gatherings. They are easy to make, take little effort, time, or ingredients! Just 5 ingredients will have you in the kitchen making one of the tastiest recipes ever! and you are ready to go!
What you need to make Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Potstickers
Orange Sugar: Simply mix the zest of 1 orange with the ½ cup of sugar until you smell the fragrance of the orange and the sugar has turned an orange tint. This is NOT a part of the recipe you want to skip. Believe me. The orange sugar sprinkled on top of the wontons makes is not optional.
Wonton Wrappers: You can easily find these in the grocery store. They are made of wheat flour, eggs, and water. And, these perfectly square little wrappers make wonderful appetizers!
Hazelnut Spread: If you were deprived like I was as a child (this was NEVER in our cabinet and I don't understand why!), they once you try this, you will never go without it in your cabinet! This is a sweet, chocolatey, nutty spread that is delicious!
Tips for making the best Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers
- Lie the wonton skin on a flat surface and only place the teaspoon of hazelnut filling. Don't put too much in the wonton, it will seep out.
- Dip your fingers in water to dampen the edges of the wonton skin then press together. This will seal the filling inside.
- Try salted butter to fry the wontons. This will add that chocolate salted flavors people love!
- Don't force the potstickers to come "unstuck" from the skillet. They will naturally release when they are ready.
Let me give you a fair warning; these Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers are super delicious! One batch may not be enough depending on the appetite factor of your family. These stay crispy and are so easy to make that you can make a few batches of these for a party the day of, then bring them out that evening where they will still be crisp and delicious!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
More recipes to try before you buy from Mad Hungry
Follow our sponsors on social media:
Follow Mad Hungry: Twitter
Visit the Publisher's Website and Author Website
More favorite recipes with hazelnut filling
If you are like me, you LOVE hazelnut filling. My easiest and most favorite cookie to make are these Chocolate Hazelnut Gingerbread Cookie Cups.
Hazelnut Thumbprints are another delicious favorite. Chocolate cookie dough with hazelnut filling, Who could ask for more?
*If you made these Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers, please leave a star rating*
Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ cup sugar
- 16 wonton skins
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup water
- Combine the orange zest and sugar and set aside. Lay the wonton skins on a work surface and spoon 1 scant tablespoon of the chocolate-hazelnut spread onto each. Brush the edges with water and then fold the skins to form half-moons or triangles. Press the moistened edges together to seal.
- Heat a 10-inch saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and water and let the butter melt.
- Add the chocolate-filled wontons, cover, and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the cover and simmer until the liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the bottoms of the wontons become crisp and golden brown.
- Use a flat spatula to help release them from the pan. (They may stick at first, then release once they are ready.) Blot any butter with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle the orange-sugar mixture over the wontons and serve with ice
cream and orange segments, if using.
Perfect quick little treat for the holidays!
This looks extremely yummy. Great photos. Can't wait to try it.
These look absolutely incredible! Love the chocolate and orange combo!
SO easy and irresistible! I love LSQ---her recipes are so appealing. I think I have some wonton wrappers in my freezer 🙂
These do sound easy and super Delicious. Mmmmm chocolate and orange are perfect partners. You are right, I'd probably need to double the batch...because I know we'd enjoy these!