Bourbon Butter Venison Steak Tips are full of bourbon and butter flavor! Use regular syrup or go sugar free for a low carb version!. The Venison is melt in your mouth delicious!
When I read that Sunday Supper was going to be sharing recipes with ingredients that are hunted or foraged this week I knew I would be participating. Grumpy is a huge hunter and we always have venison in our freezer! These Bourbon Butter Venison Steak Tips are going to be mind blowing to the game meat lovers in your home!
Spread it on Thick
- Homemade Mascarpone from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sugar Plum Fairy Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Porcini Compound Butter from Nosh My Way
Nibbles and Sides
- Baked Rice with Mushrooms from Basic N Delicious
- Brie Blackberry Bites from Family Foodie
- Foie Gras Bites from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Miso Risotto from Crazy Foodie Stunts
The Main Event
- Bourbon Butter Venison Bites from The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Fennel Frond Pappardelle with Rabbit, Muscat, and Cream from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Korean-style Tripe from kimchi MOM
- Lapin au Cidre - Cider Braised Rabbit from Food Lust People Love
- Maple Bison Blueberry Burgers from Noshing With The Nolands
- Rabbit Braised with Kalamata Olives and Prunes from The Texan New Yorker
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet from Nik Snacks
- Wild Venison Sausage Gravy from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Turkey, Wild Rice and Mushroom Casserole from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Wild Boar Pacific Rim Sliders from Peaceful Cooking
- Blueberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce from From the Bookshelf
- German Fruit and Nut Bars from Magnolia Days
- Grilled Bananas/Toast Topped with Chocolate and Cheese from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Raspberry Muffins from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow from Pies and Plots
- Ultimate Chewy Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Vanilla Poached Tamarillos from Manu's Menu
- Wild Blackberry Scones with Lemon Glaze from The Foodie Army Wife
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Topped Waffles from NinjaBaker.com
Pin it - Bourbon Butter Venison Steak Tips
Bourbon Butter Venison Steak Tips
- Pat the steak pieces dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Add steak tips and cook until well browned all over, about 6 minutes. Transfer the steak tips to a platter and tent loosely with foil.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the bourbon, maple syrup, and cider vinegar.
- Return the skillet to the heat and cook for 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet while the sauce is cooking.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and whisk in the butter and chili pepper flakes (if using). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return venison and any accumulated juices to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chopped chives.