Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes are a perfect side dish bursting with bacon, cheese, and flavor! These accordion potatoes are so easy to make and this simple recipe makes the best hasselback potatoes ready in half the time using the air fryer!
❤️ Why you'll love it
- The end result are crispy potatoes packed with flavor
- Cooking time is cut in half by using the air fryer cooking technique
- The potato is soft and tender on the inside while crispy on the outside with bites of gooey cheese and crispy bacon.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Russet potatoes: look for a larger potatoes without blemishes.
Cheddar cheese: this cheese is a firmer cheese and works best for this air fryer recipe.
Bacon: buy a regular cut rather than thick cut as it will cook quicker.
Olive oil: used to coat the potato skin.
Minced garlic: added for flavor
Salt and black pepper: enhances the flavors of the potato.
Dried parsley: used as a garnish
- To prepare the potatoes, slice a thin layer off the bottom of the to allow for a flat bottom and to prevent rolling.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice potatoes into ¼" slices down the length of the potato, stopping when the knife hits the wooden spoons.
- Brush potatoes with oil, place potatoes on a microwave safe plate, and microwave for 10 minutes. Remove potatoes from the microwave and let cool until easy to handle.
- To prepare the potatoes, place a slice of cheese and bacon alternating in each slice of the potatoes.
- Brush potatoes with more oil, season with garlic, salt, and pepper. Place potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 390°f for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender inside and golden brown on the outside with a crispy texture. Garnish with parsley (if using).
Potato scrubber: for washing the potatoes
Cutting board: a hard surface used for cutting that prevents counter tops.
Wooden spoons: used as a guide to prevent cutting all the way through the potato.
Chef knife: for slicing.
Pastry brush: to coat the potatoes with oil, I like to use a silicone one.
Air fryer: to cook the potatoes
Microwave: to tenderize the potatoes and shorten air fryer time.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
- To give the potatoes a garlic butter flavor, substitute melted butter with fresh minced garlic for the olive oil
- Skip the bacon and make this a vegetarian recipe but still keep the smoky bacon flavor by using imitation bacon bits sprinkled on top of the potatoes
- Garnish with fresh chives instead of parsley
- Change up the flavors, use Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder to or any of your favorite seasonings to season the potatoes
- Sprinkle the top of the potatoes with dried parmesan cheese before air frying.
- To save on prep time, while the potatoes are in the microwave, slice the cheese and bacon into squares that will fit in the potatoes.
- Prevent cutting all the way through the potato by accident by placing two similar sized wooden spoons on each side of the potato running parallel to the potato.
Hasselback Potatoes are a technique invented in Sweden in the where potatoes are cut into thin slices without going to the bottom of the potato. When done the potato has a fan like look, making the potatoes look fancy, but the best part is it an easy way for the potatoes to cook faster. They can be served as a main dish, side dis, or appetizer!
📚 Related Recipes
I love these Stuffed Sweet Potatoes made in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes make life easier and delicious.
These Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers make a hearty meal!
🍽 Serve with..
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chopped fresh herbs of your choice, ranch dressing, barbecue sauce or any of your own favorite toppings.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating