Keto Cannoli Cookie Cups are sugar-free, low carb cookies with a lightly sweetened ricotta filling. The cookie cups take the place of a cannoli shell allowing the Keto dieter a delicious Italian like treat over the holidays without going out of ketosis! This is an easy finger food dessert to make and share with your friends at your next holiday party or game day gathering.
I am participating in a blogger challenge using KetoseSweet + Powder sweetener. I was provided with product to work with in creating recipes for this challenge. All opinions are my own.
My son Justin loves cannoli. With good reason! It's delicious! He is the inspiration for this recipe today. I wanted to make a cookie that would be reminiscent of a cannoli that I could enjoy as a Keto dieter. I completely hit the mark on this one! These cookies were delicious!
I did a lot of recipe testing before this recipe came to light. While I love Keto, lately, I have had a difficult time when trying to bake something that is Keto. I'm so used to regular baking that it has not been the easiest of tasks to switch over and create my own Keto recipes. So, this Cannoli Cookie Cup recipe being a success was a big win for me!
What is the best type of pan to bake your cookie cups in?
For testing purposes, I made these cookie cups in both silicone and non-stick mini muffin pan. Below are my results:
- Silicone mini muffin pan - baked 20 minutes. Started to brown on top but not around inside of the cup. The dough was still baked, but just not browned.
- Non-stick mini muffin pan - baked 20 minutes. The cups browned much quicker and probably could have come out of the oven about 2 minutes sooner.
Tips for Storing your Keto Cannoli Cookie Cups
- The cookie cups should be stored in the refrigerator. Preferably without the filling in them,
- If you will not consume the cookies within a weeks time, you should freeze the cookie cups. They can be frozen once baked, however, freeze them without the filling in them.
- Store the filling in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve the cookie cups.
What is KetoseSweet + Powder sweetener?
KetoseSweet + Powder sweetener is made of 3 ingredients: allouse, monkfruit, and stevia. It has zero calories per tablespoon, does not affect blood sugar levels and is safe for those on an ultra-low sugar diet. It also tastes great!
Pin and Share Keto Cannoli Cookie Cups!
Keto Cannoli Cookie Cups
For the Cookie Cups:
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 6 tbsp butter room temperature
- ½ cup KetoseSweet + Powder and Steviva Blend
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Cannoli Cream Filling:
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp KetoseSweet + Powder and Steviva Blend
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini sugar free chocolate chips optional
To make the cookie cups:
- With a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add KetoseSweet + Powder and Steviva Blend and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add almond flour and coconut flour. Stir until combined. Dough will become firm.
- Shape 1 tbsp of dough into a ball and place in mini muffin tin.
- Using mini tart shaper, press into dough to press dough into a cup shape.
- Bake cookie cups for 20 minutes, or until browned. If using a non stick pan, bake for less time.
To make the Cannoli Cream Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, whip together the ricotta cheese, heavy cream, sweetener, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Fill each cookie cup with 1 tablespoon of ricotta filling.