Good wholesome deliciousness! That is what this Tomato Avocado Salad Stack is! Slices of garden ripe tomato and avocado sprinkled with grilled corn and crispy bacon all topped with a homemade buttermilk dressing full of flavor from fresh herbs.
I have been eating this salad on quite a regular basis the last few weeks! It is so easy to make and so delicious my mouth waters just thinking about it. This Tomato Avocado Salad Stack is satisfying enough to be lunch on it's own or pair it up with a grilled steak or grilled chicken.
The components of this recipe are basic and fresh ingredients. The homemade salad dressing is one that you will want to use on all your salads!
Naturally, Grumpy would not eat this because of the avocado. However, he loved the grilled corn and I have become quite the expert on grilling my corn over the last few weeks! For me however, this recipe is definitely a keeper. I love avocado and everything else in this recipe just goes really well with it. Low-carb, fresh, delicious. Who could ask for more?
Tomato Avocado Stack
- 4 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 2 ears shucked corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic Salt to taste
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes cut into 8 slices
- 1 ripe peeled avocado thinly sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Grill corn on preheated grill over medium heat. Remove from grill and let cool about 10 minutes. Cut corn kernels from the cob and set aside.
- Make the dressing by stirring together buttermilk, canola mayonnaise, rice vinegar, chives, basil, garlic, and ground pepper. If dressing is too thick for your taste, add a little more buttermilk until you reach the consistency you desire.
- Slice tomatoes and avocados. Stack tomato and avocado alternately. Sprinkle with corn and bacon.
- Serve with 1 tablespoon dressing.