This week we are bringing you recipes with 5 ingredients or less. As soon as I read that I knew I was making this dessert. This is a recipe that was shared with me years ago. I have made it for Grumpy, and now this is one of Grumpy's favorite desserts! I don't mind making this for him and I don't even mind when he eats more than one serving because I use sugar-free pudding and whipped topping however, if you are not into the sugar free scene, then regular pudding works just as well!
Magic Pudding Dessert
- 1- .9 oz box instant sugar-free chocolate pudding
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1- 8 oz container sugar-free cool whip
- 36 saltine crackers
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk instant pudding and milk together.
- Place 16 crackers in bottom of 8×8 pan.
- Pour half the pudding mixture on top of crackers, spreading evenly.
- Place the other 16 crackers on top of pudding, and then pour the other half of the pudding mixture on top of the last set of crackers.
- Top with the whole container of cool whip.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. The “magic” part – after the dessert sits long enough, the crackers taste exactly like a thin layer of either phyllo or pie crust! Serves 6.