This adult dessert is very quick and easy to put together! If you like Fireball Whisky then you will love these Fireball Cheesecake Shots. Layered with graham cracker crust, cheesecake filling flavored with Fireball Whisky topped with some cherries that have a little bit of the whisky added to them. This is what I call a perfect ending to a delicious meal. Not too much sweet but just enough to satisfy with just a little bit of kick from the Whisky!
A few days ago I had a message from my friend Jill. The message consisted of a picture with a link to the recipe for this treat. I knew what she wanted. Poor girl. She saves things to our shared pinterest board for me to make and I've yet to make any of it. One recipe in particular she wants me to make is a Carrot Cake Cheesecake. Maybe I'll make that recipe for my birthday and share it with her 🙂
This last weekend I shared these Fireball Cheesecake Shots with her and her hubby. This is probably the quickest turnaround I've had when someone has shown me something they want me to make! I'm pretty sure I was so compliant to do so this time because this particular dessert had some booze in it!
It doesn't take long to whip it up and put it in the fridge to set until its time to bring out the dessert! I can't take credit for the recipe, the one that was shared with me was something someone posted on Facebook from The Tipsy Bartender. There were no instructions on how to assemble the ingredients so I decided to just took the elements of the recipe, scale them down to fit about 6 cheesecake shots and wrote out the instructions on how to assemble. If you want to make more than 6, then just follow my instructions with the amount listed on The Tipsy Bartender. You will have some very happy friends. I promise!
While this was excellent with Fireball Whisky, I do believe that it would be just as amazing with Amaretto. I'm also thinking a chocolate version is in my near future, or even one made with some Irish Cream Whisky!
- Graham Cracker Layer:
- 5 tablespoons ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Cheesecake Layer:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup Fireball Whisky
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Cherry Topping:
- 6 tablespoons cherry pie filling
- ¼ cup Fireball Whisky
- 6 shot glasses
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and dark brown sugar. Scoop about 1 tablespoon into the bottom shot glasses the press crumbs into bottom to pack in.
- Place the softened cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, lemon juice, and Fireball Whisky into medium sized mixing bowl and mix with a hand mixer on medium speed, mix until creamy and well blended. Divide filling up between the 6 shot glasses.
- In a small bowl, combine the pie filling and Fireball Whisky. Divide topping evenly over cheesecake layer. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Im not a big drinker what does fireball taste like? Could you use rum in this recipe instead?
Fireball is a cinnamon flavored whiskey. Black Cherry Rum would be great in this!
Renee@Renee's Kitchen Adventures
I've never had fireball whiskey, but now I think I need to try it. These little desserts look amazing
Definitely try it Renee!
I've never had Fireball Whisky, but just saw it on a movie recently, and now this recipe. Looks super interesting and love the face of your friend in the pic haha Looks like you had a great time 🙂
Marion, it literally tastes like a fireball! Its REALLY good 🙂
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads
This is such a fun and creative idea, Shelby!! Totally my kind of dessert!
These sound like a lot of fun! I'm trying to cut back on fireball, but I really want to try these! 🙂
Make just 6 like I did 🙂
It's so fun to make recipes with booze! I've never tried Fireball, but now I have a tasty reason to give it a shot 😉
Yes you do Sandra! You should try it 🙂
These look amazing Shelby! I bet the Amaretto would be even better....
Thanks Mary Ellen! Cherry and Amaretto are a perfect pair!