Quick and Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches are full of beefy and cheesy goodness and are quick and easy to put together for a delicious and satisfying weeknight dinner!
Cooking for one is not always all that fun. It can be a challenge and you always take of chance of what your making not turning out as well if you hadn't messed with the recipe. I decided that a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich sounded pretty good and I knew wouldn't be hard to scale down for just one person. If your wondering why I'm cooking for one, no, I did not send Grumpy packing....at least not permanently. ;o) Our new lifestyle requires that I have to eat dinner on my own sometimes....and this happened to be one of those times!
The sandwich turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself! Now when I have a craving for a Philly Cheesesteak type sandwich, this is where I will turn. I think Grumpy would like this one too! If you try it, let me know what you thought!
Quick and Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- 1 multi-grain ciabatta roll
- I Can't Believe its Not Butter Spray
- Cooking Spray
- 2 miniature red bell peppers or ¼ cup regular pepper slices, sliced
- ⅛ cup sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- pinch of oregano
- 1 ounce Velveeta Cheese cubed
- 3 ounces lean deli roast beef slices I always buy Boars Head London Broil Deli Meat
- 2 tablespoons or more if you wish Beef Broth
- Heat oil in small skillet. Cook peppers, onions, and garlic until vegetables are tender. Add vinegar, sugar, oregano, and cheese. Stir mixture and turn heat to simmer to let cheese slowly melt, stirring periodically. Once cheese is melted, remove from heat and set aside until ready to assemble sandwich.
- Meanwhile, spray cut sides of roll with butter spray. Place buttered side down on a hot griddle and toast buns until warmed and start to brown.
- Place roast beef and beef broth in microwave safe bowl. Microwave in two 30-second intervals. Assemble sandwich - using a fork remove beef from broth and layer on bottom half of bun. Top with cheese pepper mixture and then cover with top bun half. Enjoy!