Easy to make Hamburger Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes, hearty and comforting! An easy weeknight dinner (or lunch!) to warm the heart and soul on these cold winter days!
I couldn't wait to tell Grumpy what we were having for dinner the night I made hamburger soup. 🙂
If you are one of my Facebook Followers, you probably know the story about how when I ask Grumpy what he is making for dinner....and I get the response "hotdog soup". That is his reply no matter how much I wished he would help out and at least come up with an idea for dinner.
Needless to say, I received pure pleasure when Grumpy called me to find out what was on the dinner table that night, and my response was "hamburger soup". He thought I was joking, little did he know just how serious I was!
Easy Hamburger Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ large or 1 small onion diced
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1-½ teaspoons everyday seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 3-½ cups diced petite tomatoes
- 3-½ cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1-½ teaspoon basil
- 1 Tablespoon Better than Bouillon Beef Base
- 12- ounce package mixed frozen vegetables
- Saute the hamburger, onion, garlic, and seasoning until beef is browned. Drain any excess fat from beef.
- Stir in the tomatoes, better than bouillon, vegetables, and hot water. Simmer a few minutes until bouillon has dissolved. Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Simmer about 10 minutes. Serve warm.