Sesame Peanut Noodles on a diet?  Sure!  This recipe from one of my Weight Watcher’s cookbooks give you the Asian flavors for only 4 WW Points!

Sesame Peanut Noodles

I dug my Take out Tonight cookbook from Weight Watchers the other night and started searching for something I could make that wouldn’t be killing my diet! I love peanut butter and have never had this type of dish but have always wanted to try it.  The combination of peanut butter with hoisin, rice vinegar and brown sugar really made these noodles super yummy!

Sesame Peanut Noodles

Chris came to our place for the night last night and he tried this out too….and loved it! It was really good and I will definitely make it again. It doesn’t hurt that it is a healthy recipe!

Sesame Peanut Noodles
Author: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Ingredients
  • 6 oz. dry spaghetti noodles
  • 1/3 cup reduced fat peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 Tablespoons ketchup
  • 3 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 2 scallions (thinly sliced)
Instructions
  1. Note: I added some cooked chicken breast tenders to this dish to add some protein. If your counting points, please allow for what chicken you add to the dish.
  2. Update:  I have made this and added chopped cilantro and chili pepper flakes to the mixture since my first posting.  If you are a cilantro lover, then the addition will take this recipe over the top for you without added points!
  3. Cook pasta according to directions. Let cool 10 minutes.
  4. Mix peanut butter through sesame oil together in saucepan and heat until just warmed and well combined. Pour over noodles and sprinkle with scallions.
  5. /3 cup equals one serving
  6. WW Points: 4

1. tamilyn February 18, 2009 at 7:29 am - Reply

Those look yummy! Truth be told thought, I would have to use angel hair or vermicelli-traumatic childhood memory with regular spaghetti noodles…..shudder…

2. Happy cook February 18, 2009 at 9:56 am - Reply

Wowo this is one of the best simple but delicious noodle dish i have evr seen, they do really look so delicous.

3. Marthe February 18, 2009 at 1:18 pm - Reply

This looks soooo good!! I have this thing for peanut butter at the moment, so this must be made by me too!!

4. The Hungry Mouse February 18, 2009 at 1:28 pm - Reply

OMG, I could eat bowls of this!

+Jessie

5. Linda February 18, 2009 at 1:48 pm - Reply

I was just looking for a recipe like this–what a coincidence! My DH would like this one.

6. 5 Star Foodie February 18, 2009 at 2:09 pm - Reply

What a scrumptious bowl of noodles – love the flavors!

7. Michelle February 18, 2009 at 2:13 pm - Reply

Never would have expected the ketchup in this recipe! Looks great!

8. Carrie February 18, 2009 at 2:30 pm - Reply

I adore all types of peanut sauce on noodles – yours looks great!

9. Maria February 18, 2009 at 2:30 pm - Reply

The noodles look scrumptious! I will take a big bowl, please:)

10. shellyfish February 18, 2009 at 2:59 pm - Reply

I love dishes like this! Fast, easy & delicious!

11. Robin Sue February 18, 2009 at 3:30 pm - Reply

This is my kind of treat! Love noodle salads especially with these flavors. Thanks for the recipe.

12. pigpigscorner February 18, 2009 at 3:34 pm - Reply

Peanut butter!! Looks really good! I’m watching my diet too, I’ll give this a go!

13. Barbara Bakes February 18, 2009 at 3:53 pm - Reply

I would love it, but did Grumpy!

14. HoneyB February 18, 2009 at 4:10 pm - Reply

Michelle, the ketchup did turn me off when I read the ingredient list, but I went ahead and made it anyway and am so glad that I did! It is in no way bad!

Barbara, Grumpy ate leftover Dill Pickle Meatloaf (which I never got a photo of so no blog about that yet!). I’m sure if there was nothing else in the house he would have at least tried it. As it was, he didn’t get any and won’t get any either! Not this time around anyway!

15. Poodle February 18, 2009 at 4:32 pm - Reply

This sounds amazing! I think I’m going to make this tonight … adding the chicken like you did and maybe some peanuts and water chestnuts … This looks like a nice “base” to add other things to. YUM!

16. Flourchild February 18, 2009 at 4:40 pm - Reply

After that TWD Devils cake weight watchers would be a good thing! Your pasta looks wonderful. Im excited to make the Caramel Crunch Bars….Im kind of sick of sweets but these look rather tasty!

17. Pam February 18, 2009 at 5:52 pm - Reply

I love this recipe. Noodles with a creamy sesame peanut butter sauce – yum.

18. Gera @ SweetsFoods February 18, 2009 at 7:14 pm - Reply

Shelby really a very creative dish with peanut butter!!

Great job – definitely to put on my list to try!

19. Reeni♥ February 18, 2009 at 8:05 pm - Reply

I love these! I never tried to make them at home. What an easy and delicious recipe!

20. duodishes February 18, 2009 at 9:24 pm - Reply

Love big, fat noodles like that! The peanut butter and sesame go so well together.

21. Allie February 18, 2009 at 9:58 pm - Reply

I just wanted to stop by and say hi! I stumbled across your blog through a couple other blogs I follow. I love all your post and pictures!

22. Aggie February 18, 2009 at 11:03 pm - Reply

Oh, yummy looking noodles!! I love recipes like these!

23. Sara February 18, 2009 at 11:16 pm - Reply

Those sound so good! They sound kind of similar to the Thai Peanut Noodles that Kate makes, which I also love, so I’ll have to try these ones. Mmmm…kinda craving them right now. Wanna bring me dinner? 😉

24. Lisa February 19, 2009 at 12:41 am - Reply

yum! i would never know this is WW!

25. noble pig February 19, 2009 at 2:12 am - Reply

I love low-cal pad thai! Yum.

26. Meg February 19, 2009 at 2:26 am - Reply

I love this and the fact that it is a healthier version!

27. CookiePie February 19, 2009 at 7:45 am - Reply

Yum yum YUM — this is one of my very favorite dishes, and yours looks so perfect and delectable!!

28. Elyse February 19, 2009 at 7:47 am - Reply

Like you, I’m a huge peanut butter fan, and this recipe sounds super exciting. Only wish I had had time to read it earlier in the day so I could have made it for dinner! Oh well, there’s always tomorrow night 🙂

29. gail February 19, 2009 at 1:17 pm - Reply

oooh! what’s not to like!! gorgeous photo too 🙂

30. Tangled Noodle February 19, 2009 at 1:49 pm - Reply

This looks delicious but I wonder if I can substitute almond, cashew or another nut butter for peanut? I have a bit of an intolerance to them.

31. Peter M February 19, 2009 at 7:57 pm - Reply

These noodles do look freaky’good…slurp!

32. cakewardrobe February 19, 2009 at 9:35 pm - Reply

I love peanut noodles! They’re so simple but filling and delicious!

33. gaga February 23, 2009 at 1:31 am - Reply

I’ve never seen ketchup as an ingredient in peanut noodles. Sounds intriguing, maybe I’ll add a few the next time I make them.

34. Poddys March 3, 2009 at 8:14 pm - Reply

The only problem I can see is that this small portion wouldn’t be enough to satisfy me. Once I get the taste of sate and noodles, I just want to keep eating. The temptation is too much.

35. From Valeries Kitchen October 4, 2014 at 12:52 am - Reply

I am so in love with peanut sauce! This looks easy and wonderful!

36. Mary Ellen October 4, 2014 at 1:15 am - Reply

I love peanut butter noodles. this sounds like a great recipe, it just might be lunch tomorrow! TFS

37. Sandra Shaffer October 4, 2014 at 4:03 pm - Reply

Anytime I see sesame oil and peanut butter together, I know it's a great tasting dish! So tasty! Way better than take out too!

38. Life Tastes Good October 4, 2014 at 10:03 pm - Reply

This is sooo easy!! Looks delish and love that it is healthy too!