These Peach Muffins are moist, tender, and full of delicious peach flavor. These are perfect for breakfast or brunch. They are made with diced canned peaches and almond extract, a delicious combination of flavors.

Peach Muffin on a cooling rack wrapped with a paper liner and more muffins in the background

These Peach Muffins are a great portable breakfast for those on the run, or great for a relaxing morning with a hot cup of coffee or tea. They are also a great side to a family brunch on the weekend.

Peaches in muffins for the win

My favorite fruits are blueberries and peaches. Fresh peaches smell amazing and I have used fresh peaches in this recipe. However, canned peaches work just as great. I’m even happier if I can combine peaches and blueberries as I did in this Peaches and Cream Pancake recipe.

One of my favorites things about this muffin is the combination of the peach and almond flavors. The muffin batter itself is so tender and light and even Grumpy will gobble these up in no time. I may have gone to grab a muffin this morning only to find the empty wrappers to both muffins still in the storage container!

What you need to make Peach Muffins

Peaches: I just took a can of sliced peaches and diced them up. One can of sliced peaches yields 1 cup of diced peaches. If you use a fresh peach, you may need two small, or 1 large to get the full cup. If using a fresh peach, be sure to scald it and remove the skin first.

muffin papers full of batter in a muffin pan

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.

Almond Extract: This is the best flavor to compliment the peach muffin.

Muffin Tin: My favorite is a non-stick 12 cup standard muffin tin.

Paper liners: I always use a paper liner to prevent the cake from sticking to the muffin cup. I also like the convenience of the paper protection from handling the muffin.

Baked Peach muffins in the pan cooling on a wire rack

Large Mixing Bowl: This is my favorite mixing bowl set! It has small, medium, and large bowls with lids.

1/4 cup Scoop: I always use a scoop to portion out the muffin batter. I like to be sure each muffin is consistent in size.

Tips for a successful recipe

• Use a large bowl and a hand mixer to cream the butter and sugar. Then, switch to a spoon to stir in the flour.
  • When adding the flour to the batter, be sure to only fold the flour in enough to just absorb the flour. When you see most of the flour is worked in, stop. Overmixing will cause a tough muffin.
  • Do not set the oven to 350. You need a higher heat, the instructions to set at 400 degrees is correct. Many people are stuck at baking at 350, but it is not always correct. The higher heat will help to brown the muffin some.

Make this muffin recipe your way

• Stir in a little cinnamon or cardamom to give it a lightly spiced flavor.
  • Make a crumb topping to place over the top of the muffins before baking. This adds a little sweetness and visual to the peach muffin. Try the crumb topping recipe for this Banana Crumb Muffin.
  • Make a powdered sugar drizzle with some milk and almond extract and drizzle the icing over the top of the muffin. You can do this with or without a crumb or streusel topping.
  • Substitute 1/2 of the sugar in the recipe for brown sugar. This will give a little caramelized flavor to the muffin.
Peach muffin broken in half to show the inside of the muffin

Other peach recipes you may enjoy

These Grilled Peaches with Agave Lime Cream are one of the simplest and most delicious dessert recipes. Grilling the peach brings out even more flavor and the compliment of the sweetened lime cream is the perfect finishing touch.

Easy Peach Crumb Bars are a delicious summer bar recipe for picnics.

Fresh Peach Yogurt Cake is a delicious dessert cake with fresh peaches and peach yogurt!

I love peach flavored beverages and this Frosty Peach Mojito is one of the best boozy beverages ever.

Another keep you cook adult beverage is this Kickin’ Peach Milkshake made with ice cream and peach schnapps.

If your not into liquor but more into wine, then you will love this Sparkling Peach Sangria!

Pinnable image for peach muffins

*If you made this Peach Muffin Recipe, please give it a star rating*

Peach Muffin featured image

Peach Muffins

A delicious and tender muffin recipe full of peach and almond flavors. A perfect addition to your breakfast routine.
0 from 0 votes

• 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 cup chopped canned peaches

Instructions

• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with paper liners. If not using paper liners, lightly grease the muffin cups with cooking spray.
  • In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and mix until thoroughly combined.
  • In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, salt, and baking powder.
  • Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the dry ingredients have just combined. Fold in the diced peaches.
  • Using a 1/4 cup measuring scoop, portion the muffin batter into the muffin cups.
  • Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for at least 10 minutes.
  • Store in an airtight container up to 5 days on the counter or 2 months in the freezer.

Nutrition

Serving: 1g | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 220mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g

1. Rigby August 26, 2008 at 12:07 pm - Reply

Those look delicious! CO peaches are finally in at our grocery store, so I may need to try this…

2. Antonio Tahhan August 26, 2008 at 12:55 pm - Reply

oh, I actually miss the hustle and bustle of going back to school 🙁 all my friends at Cornell are meeting up at the gorges while I’m in muggy DC waking up bright and early to go to work, haha.
    These muffins look fantastic! I also completely agree with you on the unpleasant taste of mealy fruit (ew!)
    I find it that it’s worst with apples…

3. Prudy August 26, 2008 at 1:35 pm - Reply

What a great use of peaches in a summery muffin. I just noticed that you are in northern NY. We lived in the Rochester area for quite a while before moving to UT. We still miss upstate. We’re going back this fall for a visit, and then again to the Finger Lakes next summer.

4. Carrie August 26, 2008 at 2:49 pm - Reply

Yum! I adore peaches!

5. Barbara Bakes August 26, 2008 at 3:27 pm - Reply

The local peaches are now in season! I’ll have to try this recipe.

6. Clumbsy Cookie August 26, 2008 at 4:05 pm - Reply

They lokk great and moist! I also love baking with peaches, they make everything tastes good and fruity!

7. Flourchild August 26, 2008 at 4:43 pm - Reply

I understand being busy! We miss your TWD blog. Your muffins look wonderful.

8. The DeL Sisters August 26, 2008 at 5:13 pm - Reply

Yummy peaches! looks good!

9. Debbie August 26, 2008 at 5:49 pm - Reply

mmmmmm….mmmm……mmmmmmmmmmm
    I’ll have to try. I’m headed up to the Pacific Northwest, where they actually have FRUIT STANDS (none here in the desert of NV), so peaches are on my list.

10. Rebecca August 26, 2008 at 6:20 pm - Reply

These look great! Peaches are so delicious right now … I need to try these muffins.

11. Vanessa August 27, 2008 at 12:15 am - Reply

Those look so delicious! I could lick the screen!! 😀

Vanessa

12. Kevin August 27, 2008 at 1:45 am - Reply

Those peach muffins look great!

13. Prudy August 27, 2008 at 2:19 am - Reply

Thanks for the comment. I think we’re going to end up at Keuka, but my brother in law is booking a couple houses for a family reunio so it could be anywhere. I love upstate NY and would move there in a heartbeat if we could make as good a living as we do in the West.

14. Jude August 27, 2008 at 2:54 am - Reply

Ooh peach muffins. Must be great to bite into creamy little pieces embedded in the muffins.

15. Anonymous August 27, 2008 at 3:17 am - Reply

Glad I was part of your inspiration to give this recipe a whirl! There is only one left here at our house.
    Jam

16. recipes2share August 27, 2008 at 1:46 pm - Reply

Look really tasty – I just love peaches…and in a muffin, wow!

17. Jenny August 27, 2008 at 4:09 pm - Reply

Love the looks of these cute peach muffins! I bet they are delicious! Have a great day!

18. Cakelaw August 28, 2008 at 11:03 pm - Reply

These just sing of summer – the peaches peeking out are so lovely and sunny.

19. Anonymous January 9, 2020 at 1:32 pm - Reply

4.5

20. Carol January 19, 2020 at 9:17 am - Reply

I see this post has been around for awhile, but somehow ( and I don’t understand this with my serious love of peaches,) until now I missed it!!! WHAT! I just purchased a couple of larger bottles of canned peaches and husband said “what will you do with those?” I think I just looked at him dumbly, like there are soooo many things you can do with canned peaches. He has enjoyed many delicious goodies I have made for him, I just think he wanted me to be specific and not keep him in suspense. OK so I decided this recipe has been found at opportune time. I love the simplicity of it and I think it was meant to be! Will absolutely make these beauties pronto!

• Shelby Law Ruttan January 19, 2020 at 11:03 am - Reply

Hi Carol, so glad you found this recipe! We really loved the muffins and loved the flavor the almond extract added. Good luck and I hope you love them as much as we do! ˜Shelby

21. […] Peach Muffins […]