Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions is everything you want in a fall comfort meal. Savory herbs, fall apples, and red onions all come together with a dijon sauce served over moist, tender, delicious pork chops!
These Skillet Pork Chops are a perfect fall recipe. Fresh picked apples and newly harvested onions pair up perfectly together to coat the succulent pork chops begging to be cooked up in your cast iron skillet!
Dinner Recipes for Fall
I love fall and the first thing I think about doing when chilly weather hits is when can I get to the apple orchard! I love the cider donuts hot out of the grease and coated in cinnamon sugar, the cool crisp air, and the bushels and bushels of apples from the orchard!
That crisp air has you feeling like you need a delicious hot comfort meal. And, what better meat to use with apples and onions than pork? So, to celebrate fall, I decided to go ahead and make this classic dish for dinner and I used my very favorite Honeycrisp apple!
How to make Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
Just a few simple ingredients and a whole lot of flavor! Start with your seasoned pork chops. Season your meat and place in hot skillet with oil. Sear 3-4 minutes on each side, then remove from skillet and set aside.
Saute your onions and apples. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary, and sage. Bring to a simmer.
Add stock mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Then add pork chops back to skillet and simmer 3-4 minutes longer, until pork chops are cooked through.
Serve skillet pork chops with apples and onions and enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What’s new? Check out my Grumpy’s Honeybunch Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of Grumpy’s Honeybunch!
This recipe has the epitome of fall flavors. The sage and mustard flavored sauce is absolutely perfect combined with the pork chops. It is one recipe you will love to smell and taste this fall. It makes me feel all good and happy inside! I call this my comfort food feeling. 🙂
So, what are you waiting for? Time to make your family happy with this easy to make recipe this fall!
More Comfort Food Recipes you may enjoy!
- Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Cinnamon Apple Doughnuts
- Sweet and Sour Apple Cabbage Salad
*If you made this pork chop recipe, please give it a star rating*
Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the pork chops to the hot pan and sear 4 minutes on each side. Move pork chops to a plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chicken broth, half and half, and dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the apples and onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until apples and onions have softened. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and sage.
- Add the chicken broth to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Slide the pork chops back into the pan, nestling between the onions and apples.
- Simmer 4 minutes, until pork chops are cooked through and stock has reduced to about half.