Celebrate your next patriotic occasion with by making these delightful Red White and Blue Rice Krispie Stars. With their charming appearance and scrumptious taste, they are sure to be the star of any festive gathering and are an easy treat to make in a pinch.
❤️ Why you'll love it
Easy recipe: if you are looking for a no bake dessert, these rice krispie treats fit the bill and require just a few ingredients.
Kid friendly: kids of all ages will love this twist on the classic rice krispie 4th of July rice krispie treats with their cute star shape and red, white, and blue M&M decorations.
Patriotic dessert: star-shaped Rice Krispie treats add a touch of whimsy and patriotic spirit to your celebrations, making them perfect for July 4th, Independence Day, Memorial Day, or any other red, white, and blue-themed event.
Salted butter: I like to use salted butter for the flavor as I don't add salt to my marshmallow mixture.
Marshmallows: you can use regular or mini marshmallows, as long as you have the 16 ounce package.
Rice krispies cereal: this is puffed rice crisps, you can use the Kellogg brand or generic.
White Chocolate candy coating: I prefer the candy coating as it melts smoothly and makes it easy to drizzle.
Red & Blue M&M candies: available seasonally.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat until bubbly.
- Add marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon over low heat until marshmallows have melted, stirring often.
- Add rice cereal and stir to coat completely with marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer cereal mixture to a large sheet pan pat out evenly.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating as per package instructions. Randomly drizzle over rice krispie treats.
- Top with red white and blue M&M's. Let treats set until coating has hardened.
- Cut into squares or fun star shapes using a star cookie cutter.
Large pot or large sauce pan
Large sheet pan
Star-shaped cookie cutter
Room temperature: store in an airtight container up to 5 days (if they actually last that long!)
- For a fun flavor twist, try adding flavored extracts like vanilla extract or almond extract to the marshmallow mixture for extra taste.
- Get creative with decorations! Use icing, edible glitter, or additional sprinkles to personalize the treats for different occasions.
- Rice Krispies makes red, white, and blue rice krispies for holiday promotions, so if available, purchase the occasion's limited edition cereal to make the treats.
- Lightly spray the cutter with cooking spray to prevent the marshmallow mixture from sticking to it.
- Use a 9x13 baking pan instead of a sheet pan for thicker treats.
- Parchment paper can be used to line the baking pan or sheet pan for easier removal of the treats.
Can I use different cereal instead of Rice Krispies?
Absolutely! You can experiment with different cereal varieties like Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Krispies for added flavor and texture.
Can I make the treats ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the treats a day in advance and store them in an airtight container. Just make sure they are kept in a cool, dry place.
📚 Related Recipes
Red White and Blue Potato Salad makes a great side dish for patriotic occasions.
Try this Wave your Flag Cheesecake, another no bake recipe that is easy to make and a show stopper dessert.
Try this Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats recipe for your next Halloween party.
Serve these Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats to your loved ones on Valentine's day, and they make great portable no bake treats for BBQ's and potluck.
🍽 Serve with..
Serve the star shaped treats on a festive platter or arrange them on skewers for a charming display at your patriotic celebrations.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Melt butter, add marshmallows and heat on low until marshmallows are melted, stirring often. Add rice krispies and stir to coat. Pat out onto sheet pan.
- Melt candy coating and drizzle over treats. Top with M&M’s. Let set until coating has hardened. You can do as I did and cut as stars or just cut into squares!