These Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats are fun, easy to make snack that will make the classic Rice Krispie Treat and Oreo lover both happy. These sweet treats are great snacks for the whole family and take only 4 ingredients and less than 20 minutes to make.
When I know there will be family coming over and I haven't had time to bake a special dessert, Rice Krispie Treats are my go-to recipe. I always have the marshmallows, butter, and Rice Krispies on hand and it takes very little effort to have a cute and tasty dessert ready for the kids when they arrive.
The occasion to make Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
My kids and hubby love Rice Krispie Treats. Well, ok, so have I! They are probably the go-to recipe that I make when I need something fast and delicious. I have been known to make them fun shapes like stars and decorate them for different holidays, as I did with these Red, White, and Blue Star Krispie treats.
Since Valentine's Day was near, I wanted to make something with Rice Krispies cereal that would be special and settled on the Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treat. Grumpy loves the double stuffed ones, but me, I love them all!
What you need to make this recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Rice Krispies: you can buy the name brand or a crispy rice no-name brand cereal. Either will work. I have used both and there really is no difference.
Marshmallows: I do have a preference here as I believe all marshmallows are not alike! Click here to see what my preference is!
Butter: Please, I beg you to use real butter for this recipe. It is an all-natural ingredient with nothing artificial in it. Not to mention, it is the best choice for flavor. Please skip the M-word entirely when making anything that calls for butter.
Glass baking dish: You have two choices here. A 9x9 square or 9x13 oblong. With the smaller pan, you will have fewer servings and bigger squares. With the 9x13 you will get double the servings and thinner squares.
You might think this recipe for stuffed rice krispie treats is so easy, what could there be for tips? Well, believe it or not, there are a few things to do that makes this recipe even easier to make.
- Use Parchment paper or Alumunium foil to line the baking dish. This makes it easy to just lift the Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats out of the dish to cut.
- Coat the paper or foil with butter or cooking spray. Sometimes the treats will stick, even with the paper or foil lining.
- Press firmly but don't crush the Rice Krispie treats when putting the top layer on. If you press too hard, you will break your cookies.
- Use a large knife to cut through the treats so you can cut in a straight line across in one cut.
Make this Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats recipe your way!
Oh, there are so many things you can do to make this extra special. Below are just a few ideas!
- Instead of white chocolate, use peanut butter or chocolate chips to spread over the top of the Rice Krispie treats. Just melt the chip of choice and spread it on the top.
- Stuff the treats with flavored Oreos, such as peanut butter, birthday cake, lemon, or any other favorite oreo Rice Krispie treats combination you may like. Oreo also makes special edition Easter Oreo's, Halloween Oreo's, and Christmas Oreo's.
- Instead of cookies, stuff them with peanut butter cups, peppermint patties, or any of your favorite candy.
*If you made this recipe for Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats, please give it a star rating*
Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 10 ounce marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and marshmallows, stirring often, until smooth.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies until well coated.
- Spread ½ of the Rice Krispie mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Arrange the Oreo Cookies over top of the Rice Krispie layer, then cover with the remaining Rice Krispie mixture.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Once smooth, spread over the top of the Rice Krispie Treats and sprinkle with your favorite jimmies.