These Pepperoni Pretzels are a gluten free pretzel recipe with a delicious buttery flavor, topped with pepperoni and cheese, and are reminiscent of the Auntie Anne's pretzels we always loved to treat ourselves to! These keto pretzels are, made with mozzarella, cream cheese, and almond flour along with some seasonings to boost the flavor!
Eating keto doesn't have to be complicated with this gluten free pretzel recipe. These pretzels loaded with so much cheesy goodness your family won't know it's low carb!
❤️ Why I Love This Recipe
✔️ These gluten-free soft pretzels make a great snack for the whole family and great for game day!
✔️ Keto pepperoni pretzels will keep you energized with 27g of protein per serving!
✔️ Reminiscent of Annie's mall pretzels, these gluten-free homemade pretzels are sure to satisfy.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Almond flour, the best gluten free flour that works well with mozzarella dough.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 90 seconds. Remove from the microwave, stir, then return to microwave for 60 seconds more.
- Add 2 of the eggs and the almond flour mixture to the cheese mixture, stirring until combined well a dough ball takes shape.
- Lightly flour a work surface with almond flour. Cut each piece of dough into 6 equal portions, then make dough ropes with each and for a pretzel shape. Place pretzels on a large baking sheet lined with a piece of parchment paper.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush egg wash over top of each pretzel. Place 5 slices pepperoni pieces over top of each pretzel and sprinkle with cheese and coarse ground salt if desired.
- Place the pretzels in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool pepperoni pretzels completely before removing from cookie sheet.
🙋 Recipe FAQ's
This recipe uses almond flour and mozzarella cheese dough so it is not boiled.
Fathead dough is a gluten free low carb dough made with mozzarella cheese and almond flour.
1 large pretzel is 2 servings, there are net carbs per serving.
- Add a little warm water to your hands when forming the pretzel dough to prevent sticking.
- Place the dough back in the microwave for 10 seconds if it cools down too quickly while mixing it together
- Use a dough scraper to scrape dough together and to cut the pepperoni pretzels.
- Roll the pretzel dough into a log shape and cut it into 30 bite-sized pretzel nuggets, placing one slice of pepperoni on each nugget.
- Make a sweet pretzel by eliminating the pepperoni and sprinkling the top of each pretzel with sugar free cinnamon sugar before baking.
- Make these soft pretzels with your favorite toppings, try black olives, red onion slices, and parmesan cheese, or coarse sea salt added to the tops of the pretzels.
Serve these easy pretzel recipe with a side of homemade pasta sauce or Chipotle Salad Dressing Recipe!
To reheat: Warm up in the oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
Store pepperoni pretzels in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week and in the freezer up to 2 months.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Keto Pepperoni Soft Pretzels
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Place mozzarella and cream cheese in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 90 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir, then return to microwave for 60 seconds more.
- Add to the cheese, two of the eggs and the almond flour mixture, stirring until combined well. A dough ball will magically take shape!
- Divide dough into 6 pieces, then roll each piece into a rope and shape as a pretzel.
- Beat remaining egg and brush over top of pretzel dough. Place pepperoni slices over top of pretzel and a little sprinkling of cheese and coarse ground salt if desired.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.
- Can store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.