I know I've been quiet around here. Life has been really busy though and I haven't had a lot of time for blogging. I barely feel like turning my computer on after working all day….and a lot of the time I don't! Most of my Facebook communication comes from using my iPhone, and even that has become sparse lately. Suffice it to say, we are still in the midst of a lot of things here and hopefully all will calm down soon.
I happened to be home this afternoon because I had some work done at the hospital that made me unable to "operate heavy equipment". I guess that means driving my car. 😉 It sure didn't mean I couldn't make something yummy today though! I have been thinking about my chocolate coconut no bake cookies for a while now. It has been a long time since I have made them. It's more like candy than cookie, though, and when I do make them, it is really hard to leave them be.
Then I started thinking about the no bake cookies we buy back at home from Cindy's Cake Shop. Grumpy loves the Peanut Butter No Bakes - with no chocolate whatsoever in them. They are pretty darn good, and I decided that I needed to try my hand at making some of these. I make them smaller - I use my small cookie scoop to spoon them out onto the wax paper. Smaller is better when you are eating a concentrated amount of sugar in my opinion. What I love about these is they taste so much like peanut butter fudge on a health kick.
The healthy whole oats make me feel a lot better about downing more than one of these. The peanut butter flavor is great with a whole cup of peanut butter in the mixture. These will be a small treat for Grumpy's lunch box this week. Oh heck, they will probably make it into mine too!
More Peanut Butter Recipes
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, stir together the sugar, butter, milk, and salt until combined.
- Bring the milk mixture to low boil and cook until the temperature reads 230°F (soft boil stage), turning the heat down to medium if the mixture boils to high.
- Immediately remove the syrup from heat an add the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until almost smooth.
- Add the oats and quickly scoop and drop tablespoonfuls of the peanut butter cookie mixture onto waxed paper. Cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.