Slightly adapted from Diabetic Living
- ⅓ cup dried whole wheat or regular orzo
- ½ cup frozen kernal corn
- 1 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup reduced fat feta cheese
- Avocado Lime Dressing:
- 1 whole avocado
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove elephant garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Cook orzo in large saucepan according to package adding corn at the last minute of cooking time.
- Drain and rinse to cool quickly. Be sure to drain well after rinsing.
- In a large bowl combine orzo/corn mixture, tomatoes, cilantro, chicken and feta cheese. Toss and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the dressing, in a blender add avocado, water, lime juice, garlic and red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth. Serve over top of chicken/orzo mixture.
- Yield: 2-1 cup servings of salad with ¼ cup avocado dressing
I love everything about this and the dressing sounds incredible!
This looks so good to me, I love all of the flavors here!
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads
This sounds and looks delish! I love orzo!
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry!
This looks great! You have some of my favorite ingredients in here! Avocado, lime, garlic, red pepper flakes, cilantro...everything! Great recipe!
OMG, this looks delish! I love orzo in recipes. Pretty sure this is going on my make it soon list.