Sometimes when you go through old files, you come across things that you made months, sometimes years ago, and realized you forgot to blog about it! Such is the case with this New York Style Cheesecake with Fresh Cherry Topping!
New York Style Cheesecake
for the crust
for the filling
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and tablespoon sugar. Press into bottom of spring form pan.
- Bake crust for 13 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- While crust is baking, in a large bowl, mix
cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, then eggs, adding 1
egg at a time mixing well after each addition. Mix in sour cream,
extracts, and flour until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake in
preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and let cake cool in oven
with door closed for 5-6 hours. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
- To make fruit topping, place fruit and sugar in
sauce pan over low heat. Cook until sugar dissolves and fruit juices
begin to release. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to cold water. Bring
fruit mixture to a slow boil and quickly stir in cornstarch. Continue to
stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, cool. Top cheesecake with
fruit topping prior to serving.