Sometimes when you go through old files, you come across things that you made months, sometimes years ago, and realized you forgot to blog about it! Such is the case with this New York Style Cheesecake with Fresh Cherry Topping!
New York Style Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
for the crust
- 15 sheets of graham crackers crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
for the filling
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup flour
for the Fruit Topping
- 2 cups of your favorite fruit
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and tablespoon sugar. Press into bottom of spring form pan.
- Bake crust for 13 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- While crust is baking, in a large bowl, mix
cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, then eggs, adding 1
egg at a time mixing well after each addition. Mix in sour cream,
extracts, and flour until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake in
preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and let cake cool in oven
with door closed for 5-6 hours. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
- To make fruit topping, place fruit and sugar in
sauce pan over low heat. Cook until sugar dissolves and fruit juices
begin to release. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to cold water. Bring
fruit mixture to a slow boil and quickly stir in cornstarch. Continue to
stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, cool. Top cheesecake with
fruit topping prior to serving.
Your cheesecake looks good, but there is no sugar in the base of the cake, only four. All other cheesecakes have sugar in them. Is this a typo? I am in the middle of making your cheesecake and not sure how much sugar to add, and does the flour get omitted?
Hi Lorelee, there should be 1-3/4 cups sugar in the cheesecake batter.
Life Tastes Good
I'm drooling all over my keyboard! This looks amazing, and I wish I could gobble it up right now 🙂
This is cheesecake perfection
From Valeries Kitchen
I really don't know how you could forget about this cheesecake. I think I'd be dreaming about it for days afterward! I love fruit toppings, especially cherry, on my cheesecake!
I love the addition of almond milk! We love cheesecake over here!
Oh wow. That looks like the perfect cheesecake! How could you have forgotten about it? lol
Always so fun to discover old recipes! I LOVE cheesecake and this looks delicious, especially with that cherry topping!
This cheesecake looks devine and the cherry topping is one I have to try soon!
That is a gorgeous cheesecake! I'm so glad you found the photo and shared the recipe! Yum!
The Food Hunter
I need to make more cheesecakes...starting with this one.
marye @ restless chipotle
I love a good cheesecake, too, and this is a great recipe! I still have mangoes... 😉
oh Shelby! This looks divine!!