Rhubarb and me, we've been friends for a long, long time. The very first pie I ever made by myself was rhubarb and my Nanny, my inspiration for this blog, told me that it was the "best rhubarb pie she had ever eaten". One of the first desserts I ever made Grumpy were theRhubarb Custard Bars. I remember how much he loved those bars and I had to make them several times that summer. This Rhubarb Cheesecake kind of reminded me of those bars. Delicious!
This recipe was in an issue of allrecipes magazine and was one my son Christopher pointed out to me. I had asked him one day what I should make from the magazine and his immediate response was the Rhubarb Cheesecake! So, I made this the week of vacation when my dad and mom were here. My dad loved it so much he ate two pieces!
More Rhubarb Recipes
- [b]for the crust:[/b]
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cold, unsalted butter, diced
- 3 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- [b]for the filling:[/b]
- 2-8 ounce packages reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- for the topping:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of flour, ¼ cup sugar, and ½ cup butter with a pastry blender until fine crumbs are formed. Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a springform pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In medium mixing bowl, toss together rhubarb, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of flour. Place on top of crust and spread out evenly. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While crust is baking, prepare filling. Mix cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.[br]
- [img src="https://grumpyshoneybunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/label-19-184x300.png" width="184" height="300" class="alignleft size-medium" title="label (19)"]
RHUBARB CHEESECAKE - PIN IT!