I haven't made a dessert in quite some time now. Grumpy has been doing fairly well sticking to the The Low-Carb diet he needs to stick to and I've been following suit. It hasn't been all that hard and I really haven't been craving sweets....much.
I came across some cheesecake cups in a Woman's World Magazine, but they called for a crust and they were no-bake. I really love cheesecake but I don't care for the crust and I would rather have mine baked. But I took that idea and decided to make it a better cheesecake (in my opinion) and bake mini cheesecake cups. I didn't want a lot around the house so I made a small batch of 6 cups. These fit the bill, killed my craving for a baked cheesecake, and didn't kill Grumpy's low carb diet!
Other Cheesecake recipes on the web that I like:
Lemon Cheesecake Squares - The Foodie Affair
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake - Renees Kitchen Adventures
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake - Our Life Tastes Good
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies - Flavor Mosiac
Berried Cheesecake Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake wrappers in a the muffin pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer on medium speed, mix the cream cheese and sweetener until creamy. Add the egg and almond extract; mix well.
- Blend in the yogurt until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the cupcake liners. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake cups from the oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled place in the refrigerator to continue setting at least 3 hours.
- To serve, remove wrappers and top with fruit.