We have had quite the weather here in the New York Capital region over the last few weeks also. We have had extreme temperatures here. We have been in the 90's the last week, but just last weekend it rained and was probably about 40 degrees colder. They even had snow in Lake Placid over Memorial Day weekend!
Because we have had such extreme heat over the last week I really haven't wanted to heat my kitchen up. Therefore, this is why you are getting this Melon Salad that I found over at A Fit and Spicy Life instead of the Mushroom Orzo that I had marked to go with dinner one of the hot nights I decided to not cook after all. That recipe is definitely still on my to make list though, it sounds delicious!
This Minted melon salad was awesome!
The melon was ripe and delicious and the dressing was perfect. I loved the cooling mint in the melon salad, it was so refreshing! Melissa, author of a Fit and Spicy Life, also is a connoisseur of wine 🙂 That was a very pleasant discovery for me too since I love wines and still am really learning all about them. She will be a great reference for me to have in the future! Make sure to check her blog out!
- 1 medium cantaloupe, scooped with a melon baller
- 1 medium honeydew, scooped with a melon baller
- ½ large watermelon, scooped with a melon baller
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup simple syrup (I used sugar free mojito mix)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tablespoon amaretto
- Prep melon and place in large bowl. Set aside.Place lemon juice, simple syrup, mint, basil, and amaretto in blender and blend until smooth.Pour dressing over melon, toss and refridgerate until ready to serve.