Meyer Lemon Curd is a basic curd recipe made with fresh meyer lemons rather than regular lemons. It is delicious as a condiment or part of your favorite lemon desserts.
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ It is a little sweeter with a less tang than traditional lemons, but still has a lot of flavor!
✔️ This creamy lemon curd has a velvety texture and is delicious served on pound cake, ice cream, or spread between cake layers!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Large egg yolks
Fresh squeezed meyer lemon juice
Meyer Lemon zest
- In a double boiler over medium heat whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes, or until the egg mixture begins to thicken and coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain the lemon curd through a sieve into a large bowl to remove any lumps that may have formed.
- Add the butter and lemon zest and stir to thoroughly combined. Cover and cool completely before placing in the refrigerator.
Double boiler, is used to prevent the curd from scorching.
Hand whisk, to whisk the egg yolks
Fine mesh sieve, to strain any lumps from the curd.
Lemon zester, to remove the zest from the lemon
Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge up to 1 month or in the freezer up to 1 year.
- 2 whole eggs can be used in place of the egg yolks, just be sure to whisk the entire egg thoroughly.
- Use your favorite citrus fruit in place of the meyer lemons. Good choices would be blood oranges, mandarin orange,
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the curd while cooling to prevent a skin from forming on the surface of the curd.
- Use softened or melt the butter to be added to the lemon curd to ensure the butter melts completely.
- Freeze the egg whites for future use. Egg whites can be frozen up to 1 year.
- If you don't have a double boiler you can make your own! Use a medium saucepan and a heatproof bowl. Add a few inches of water to the saucepan and set the glass bowl on top.
What is the difference between a Meyer lemon and a typical lemon
📚 Related Recipes
Lemon Bars are a delicious treat the whole family will love!
If you love fruit curd recipes, then you must give this Strawberry Curd a try!
Glazed Lemon Cookies are a family favorite.
Try your hand at making Homemade Limoncello
This Lemon Swirled Cheesecake is divine!
🍽 Serve with...
Homemade lemon curd is delicious spread on muffins, toast. I can be used to swirl into cheesecakes or used a a filling for lemon meringue pie.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Meyer Lemon Curd
- In a double boiler over medium heat whisk together the eggs, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes, or until the lemon mixture begins to thicken.
- Strain the lemon curd through a sieve to remove any lumps that may have formed.
- Add the butter and lemon zest and stir to thoroughly combined. Cover and chill.