can have it year round!
Homemade Strawberry Curd has a sweet-tart strawberry flavor that works great as a spread for your muffin, biscuit, or even your English muffin or toast in the morning! Make with fresh or frozen strawberries and you can have it year-round!
I am a huge fan of lemon curd. I know my son Christopher is too. As a matter of fact, when I would make it for my lemon swirled cheesecake, it would be hard for both Christopher and I to keep the spoon out of the curd I had in the fridge! We love that tart tang so much we could eat it by the spoonful!
I could do the very same with this Strawberry Curd! It is so delicious, has a buttery, strawberry flavor with a hit of lime citrus to give it that sweet/tart factor. Absolutely delicious!
You start with just 4 cups of strawberries and puree them until smooth.
The strawberry puree is then put through a sieve to get rid of the pulp and seeds and you then mix the sugar and cornstarch into the puree in a saucepan.
Whisk the strawberry puree into the cornstarch and sugar mixture, then whisk in the lime juice. Once combined, you will whisk in the eggs and egg yolks.
You will bring the curd to a low boil then continue to boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Once the curd is cooked, you will transfer to a dish to cool and cover with plastic wrap to prevent a "skin" from forming on top of the curd.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Pin it! Homemade Strawberry Curd
Homemade Strawberry Curd
can have it year round!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Process strawberries in a food processor until smooth.
- Place puree in a sieve and press with a spoon or rubber spatula to push the juice through the sieve.
- This will remove the pulp and seed from your berry juice.
- Transfer puree to a saucepan that has granulated sugar and cornstarch in it. Whisk to combine. Add lime juice and whisk until combined.
- Place eggs in a separate mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined. Whisk eggs into strawberry puree.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Continue to cook at a low boil for 1 minute, stirring all the while.
- Transfer to a large storage container to cool. Cover with plastic wrap or dish cover to prevent skin from forming on the curd. Refrigerate at least 8 hours. Use within one week.