This Keto Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips is a quick bread recipe made with real bananas and is a banana lover's dream come true for any keto dieter. It is a moist low carb quick bread recipe with a great crumb and awesome flavor. Its also delicious topped with this sugar-free Peanut Butter Frosting!
We love this Keto Banana Bread recipe for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee or tea. It has only 6 net carbs, allowing you to enjoy banana bread on Keto!
Bananas on Keto and Paleo
So, let me get this out there first. Bananas are a fruit. They are on the higher end of the carb/sugar spectrum. There is nothing wrong with eating a banana, no matter what diet you follow. It is all in how you eat it.
Our diet fluctuates between Keto and Paleo. We have been doing this long enough that we tend to know when our body needs something and go with it. Now having said that, it does not mean that we eat a banana every day.
We do eat bananas on occasion. But 1 whole banana has 27 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber. Which means a banana packs all of the carbs (and more) that I allow myself in one day.
When you use bananas in a recipe that is divided up into 12 servings, it makes the carb count much lower. So, in this instance, the two bananas in this banana bread recipe are divided into 12 servings. The total carb count for 1 serving is 18 and net carbs are 6. That includes the carbs in ALL of the ingredients.
Bananas are good for you
A banana is not a terrible thing. It's each person's choice as to whether they want to include them in their diet. And, this Keto Banana Bread recipe is a great way to add bananas to your keto diet.
They are a great source of potassium and they contain powerful antioxidants. They can help lower blood pressure and may reduce the risk of cancer. Plus, they are delicious.
Being diabetic, Grumpy tries to keep his blood sugar under control. However, while many times it is too high, sometimes it drops WAY too low. While high blood sugar is not good for you, neither is low blood sugar.
When Grumpy has a low blood sugar incident, we usually have to give him a higher carb food to consume. So, while we stick low carb, for the most part, we do have to add in higher carb foods once in a while to help regulate his sugar levels.
What you need to make Keto Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Bananas: Be sure the bananas are ripe. The skin should be turning brown in spots.
Eggs: Use large-sized eggs.
Butter: unsalted butter that has been melted and cooled slightly.
Monkfruit: I use this brand.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips: This is my favorite brand.
Make this Keto Banana Bread recipe your way
- If your Paleo, make it dairy-free and use melted coconut oil in place of the butter.
- Give it a boost of banana flavor and substitute the cinnamon drops for 1 teaspoon of banana extract.
- Stir in ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans.
- Swap out the sugar-free chocolate chips for sugar-free white chocolate chips, or use a combination of both.
- Top with sugar-free Peanut Butter Frosting.
Other keto breakfast baked treats you may like
Fresh Raspberry Muffins are made with almond flour and fresh raspberries. A tender crumb muffin that is great for a portable breakfast.
Keto Dutch Baby is a delicious breakfast idea for weekend brunch. It also makes a great dessert idea.
A Pumpkin Dutch Baby is a great fall flavor, but it's also great to enjoy year-round.
Keto Blueberry Sweet Rolls are full of delicious sugar-free blueberry filling wrapped around a fathead pastry dough.
Pecan Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Swirl is a larger batch recipe, make it for the weekend, then freeze single-serving sizes to enjoy as a portable breakfast the rest of the week!
Low Carb Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake is another delicious brunch item we love to make on the weekend.
With only 2 net carbs, these Lemon Cheesecake Muffins are a delicious spring breakfast idea.
Chunky Monkey Noatmeal is a banana flavored grain-free breakfast cereal
*If you made this recipe for Keto Banana Cake with Chocolate Chips, please give it a star rating*
Keto Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Mash the bananas in a small mixing bowl. Add the eggs, cinnamon flavor drops, and melted butter. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture until combined. Transfer the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely and frost with Peanut Butter Frosting if desired.