Sarah, All our Fingers in the Pie brought our appetizer of Bruschetta with Peach Salsa Melted Brie
Sandi, of Whistlestop Cafe brought dessert of Lemon Polenta Cake with Summer Berries
- 1-½ cups uncooked farro, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- ¾ pound sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook Farro according to package. Drain and cool.
- Combine Farro, Cherries, Walnuts, Celery, and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a 1 cup glass measuring cup, combine, lime juice, mustard, agave, pepper, olive oil, and salt. Toss with farro/cherry mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving
- serving = ⅔ cup
The colors in that salad are beautiful and cherries this year are fantastic.
Dan from Platter Talk
Looks and sounds absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing this one!
KC the Kitchen Chopper
Shelby, thanks so much for the fb comment. That is so sweet. I love this "chopped" combo. I do love farro, but have never used cherries. I must do that. Thanks for this yumminess!
I happen to love farro. Love the little bit of bite you get with it. Great combination of flavors in this salad, Shelby!
This is a gorgeous salad Shelby! I don't think I have ever cooked farro. I will have to look for it now.
Farro is one of my favourite grains. Now that the local cherries have arrived at the market I shall have to try this soon.
Interesting salad full of summer flavours. I love farro! Must buy some to make this salad.
Wow! What colours! Love it, Sheby! What an incredible addition to the picnic plate! Thank you for really working this theme!
It does sound like a delicious seasonal salad Shelby. Thanks for bringing it to the table.