If you are looking for a summer salad recipe that is bursting with delicious flavor, then this Creamy Parmesan Pasta Salad is just what you are looking for. This unique pasta dish is huge hit with the whole family and is sure to become one of your favorite pasta salad recipes.
❤️ Why you'll love it
Fresh flavor: the combination of veggies, pasta and parmesan dressing makes this is a burst of flavor in your mouth.
Easy side dish recipes: Cold pasta salads are a portable and easy side dish that is perfect for your next potluck or bbq.
Creamy parmesan dressing: the combination of sour cream, mayo, and lemon juice gives this pasta salad a bright flavor that pairs well with the natural flavor of the veggies.
Dried pasta: the best pasta for this recipe would be spiral pasta, or any pasta that will catch and hold on to the dressing.
Sun-dried tomatoes: I like to buy the vacuum packed variety
Fresh corn on the cob: kerels will be removed and blanched with the asparagus.
Fresh asparagus: look for stalks about the thickness of your pinky finger.
Fresh garlic cloves
Grated parmesan cheese: but the shelf stable cheese for this recipe, it can be just parmesan or parmesan romano cheese.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add prepared veggies to hot water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and transfer veggies to a large bowl of ice water. Set aside to shock veggies so they will retain their bright color.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water. Transfer pasta to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Drain ice water from the blanched vegetables and add to the drained pasta with the sun dried tomato pieces. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the parmesan dressing mixture to the pasta mixture and stir pasta to coat with completely. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
Refrigerate: store pasta salad in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Freezing: not recommended
- Stir in some crispy bacon pieces prior to serving.
- For a healthier wholesome pasta dish, use a whole wheat pasta type.
- Substitute diced red bell pepper for the sun dried tomatoes.
- Use full fat greek yogurt in place of the sour cream.
- There are endless options for add ins for this salad, add some chopped red onion, sliced ripe olives, or cherry tomatoes in place of the blanched veggies.
- Always rinse hot cooked pasta with cold water when you plan to eat it in a cold salad! Rinsing in cold water will stop the pasta from cooking. Similar to shocking your vegetables in cold water, the pasta will keep its toothsome texture when you do this.
- Cooked pasta is like a sponge so don't be alarmed if after sitting for a day the salad seems dry. The easy solution to this is to add ¼ cup mayonnaise and sour cream each until it is creamy enough for you.
- To easily strip the corn from the cop, place corn stem side down on a sturdy cutting board. Hold the top end of the corn and with a sharp knife, starting at the top, cut downward in a sawing motion.
- To brighten the flavor of the salad dressing more, add the lemon zest of the juiced lemon to the creamy parmesan dressing mixture.
📚 Additional Pasta Salad Recipes
Fans of buffalo flavor will love this cold Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad recipe.
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad has a tangy creamy dressing that is intensely pickley!
BLT Pasta Salad is like having your favorite sandwich in a bowl of toothsome pasta.
If you love caprese salad, then you will love the flavors in this Pesto Pasta Salad.
If you love mac salads, try this Macaroni Salad with Tuna and Peas.
🍽 Serve with..
Serve this creamy pasta salad as
On a personal note
Mayonnaise on its own can have a "heavy" taste and feel to it. I like freshen the natural flavor of this dish up more by using half mayonnaise and half sour cream in the dressing mixture.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Pasta Salad with Creamy Parmesan Dressing
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Salad:
- ½ lb dried fusilli pasta
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato cut into thin strips
- 2 ears fresh corn on the cob blanched, cold shocked and stripped from cob
- 1 lb asparagus blanched, cold shocked, and cut into bite sized pieces
For the Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove finely grated
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water. Prep your veggies and mix into pasta. Set aside to combine dressing. Combine dressing ingredients and fold into pasta mixture. Chill, serve, & enjoy!
I love all things pasta salad! Thanks for the tip of using half sour cream...great idea!