If you're looking for the perfect cheese appetizer to kick off the holiday season, look no further than our creamy Goat Cheese Ball appetizer coated with chopped pistachios and cranberries. These delightful mini cheese balls are the perfect bite for your next holiday cheese board.
❤️ Why you'll Cranberry Pistachio Goat Cheese Balls
Festive presentation: the vibrant green pistachios and ruby-red cranberries make them an ideal addition to your holiday party, and the perfect finger food to your festive spread.
Simple ingredients: you only need 3 or 4 ingredients to make these elegant easy appetizers.
Flavor explosion: if you love the flavor of goat cheese, the combination of flavors and texture will be sure to please.
Goat cheese: buy fresh goat cheeses for the best results.
Raw honey: you will use this to flavor the goat cheese and can also add a drizzle of honey to the finished product for an extra touch of sweetness.
Unsalted dry roasted pistachios
Dried cranberries: I buy the orange flavored cranberries from Trader Joe (so good)
🔪 How to Make Goat Cheese Balls
- In a large bowl or food processor bowl, mix together the goat cheese, cream cheese, and honey until smooth.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop, remove tablespoon sized balls of goat cheese mixture and shape into a ball.
- Roll goat cheese ball in chopped cranberries and pistachios.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Large bowl
- Rubber or Silicone Spatula
- Food Processor or electric hand mixer
- Plastic Wrap
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Refrigerate: store goat cheese balls in an airtight container up to 7 days.
Freeze: not recommended.
Herb and Garlic Infusion: add minced fresh herbs and minced garlic to the goat cheese mixture for a savory twist. Roll in chopped pistachios, cranberries, and chopped fresh parsley.
Nutty Alternatives: While pistachios are the star of this recipe, you can experiment with other nuts like almonds or walnuts for a different flavor profile.
Dried Fruit Medley: Try mixing in various dried fruits like apricots, figs, or raisins for a unique blend of sweet and tangy notes.
- Make sure the goat cheese is brought to room temperature before mixing in the honey. You need a soft goat cheese to make sure the mixture is smooth.
- Using a small cookie scoop makes it easy to get the perfect portion mini cheese balls.
- Refrigerate the goat cheese mixture before shaping it into balls. This will make it easier to work with and prevent it from becoming too sticky.
- Use a small cookie scoop for perfect bite sized portions.
📚 Related Recipes
Bread chips are perfect
🍽 Serve with..
Serve the goat cheese balls on a decorative platter with a small bowl of toothpicks for easy handling. Add a sprig of fresh rosemary or thyme for a festive touch.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this Easy Dinner Rolls recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Goat Cheese Balls with Cranberry Pistachios and Honey
- Food processor or electric hand mixer
- Shallow bowl
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cut cheese into 1 ounce slices. Shape into a ball.
- Roll in cranberries and pistachios.
- Transfer to sealed container and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.