Baked Brie with Maple Pecan Topping – Sugar Free
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces brie round
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 cup water
- 1½ teaspoons mapleine extract
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Brie on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While Brie is baking, combine erythritol, water, and mapleine extract in a small sauce pan. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a slow simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove syrup from heat and carefully transfer to a blender. Sprinkle 1;2 teaspoon xanthan gum over top of hot syrup. (do NOT pour). Immediately blend on high for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle second ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum over top of syrup mixture. Blend on high again for 2 minutes more. mixture will be thick.
- Transfer Brie to serving plate. Pour syrup over hot brie and sprinkle with chopped roasted pecans.
- Serve with crackers and fruit.
Pin it! Baked Brie with Maple Pecan Topping!