This Chocolate Pudding Cake For Two is Keto friendly and a chocolate lovers dream! Also known as chocolate lava cake or hot fudge pudding cake, it has a rich and creamy pudding-like center and is surprisingly quick and easy to make.
If you're looking for the perfect date night dessert, especially if your special someone loves chocolate, this recipe is for you! Chocolate Pudding Cake For Two is the perfect way to show someone you love them and a great end to a romantic dinner.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Has a creamy pudding-like center
- Is impressive looking, easy to make, and ready within 30 minutes
- Can be eaten right away - no need to cool
- Won't ruin your diet because it's low-carb and Keto friendly
- And is dense, rich, and full of chocolate flavor.
Easy Chocolate Pudding Cake Steps
Start by melting together some Keto-friendly chocolate chips and butter. Feel free to use non-dairy if needed.
If you heat chocolate too fast or unevenly it will get hard and lumpy so I recommend melting it in a double-boiler or in intervals in the microwave.
You can easily make your own double-boiler by placing a large, heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of boiling water. Then, place the chocolate in the heatproof bowl and stir until it's melted. If you choose to melt your chocolate in the microwave, start by heating it for 30 seconds then stir the chocolate very well. After that, heat in 15-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until fully melted.
Sweetening the cake
Then, beat together 2 large eggs and ¼ Cup of Keto-friendly Sweetener. I prefer to use the full ¼ Cup of sweetener because I have a massive sweet tooth. However, if you don't like your desserts super sweet like me you can reduce the sweetener to 2 Tbsp.
Add the melted chocolate to the egg/sugar mixture, along with ¼ Cup of Blanched Almond Flour and ½ tsp. Pure Vanilla. Mix well. Then, divide the batter between 2 well greased and parchment-lined ramekins. No need to be precise with the parchment paper, just a small square on the bottom of the ramekin will work fine to prevent sticking.
Baking the cake
Bake at 350 degrees for 14-18 minutes, or until the edges are firm and just the very centers are still slightly soft and jiggly. The longer you cook them the less pudding center they will have. They will fall after you take them out of the oven but don't panic, that's perfectly normal!
Allow cakes to cool 1 minute, then run a butter knife around the edges and invert onto a plate. Garnish with strawberries Sugar-Free Powdered Sweetener.
Tips To Ensure A Perfect Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Don't skip the parchment paper! If you skip the parchment paper, the bottom of the cake may stick to the ramekin and ruin all of your hard work! You don't need to be precise with the paper, just a small square piece on the bottom of the ramekin will work fine to help prevent sticking.
- Watch the cakes very carefully while they're in the oven because timing is key... if they're overcooked they won't have a gooey center! Everyone's ovens are different, so watch them carefully. They are done when the edges are firm and only the very centers are still slightly soft and jiggly.
- The recipe calls for ¼ Cup of sweetener, which makes it pretty sweet. If you don't prefer super sweet desserts, reduce the sweetener to 2 Tbsp.
Looking for more Keto Desserts? Check these out!
- Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake For Two
- Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
- Turtles or Caramel Nut Clusters
Pin Chocolate Pudding Cake For Later
Chocolate Pudding Cake
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- avocado oil Coconut Oil, or Butter, for greasing ramekins
- 2 oz Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips approximately ⅓ Cup, or chocolate chips of choice
- ⅓ Cup Butter can use non-dairy
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener or Swerve Sweetener can reduce to 2 Tbsp. if you don't prefer extra sweet desserts.
- ¼ Cup Blanched Almond Flour very finely ground
- ½ tsp. Pure Vanilla
- Lakanto or Swerve Powdered Sweetener for garnish
- Fresh Strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 ramekins very well and place a small piece of parchment paper in the bottom of each ramekin to prevent sticking.
- Place the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl*. Heat 30 seconds. Stir. Heat 15 seconds then stir until completely melted. Can heat another 15 seconds if needed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sweetener on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate/butter mixture, blanched almond flour, and vanilla to the egg/sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Divide the batter between the 2 ramekins and smooth the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until the edges are firm and only the very centers are still slightly soft. The longer you cook them, the less pudding center they will have.
- Let stand one minute. Then, run a butter knife around the edges and invert onto a plate. Garnish with Lakanto or Swerve Powdered Sweetener and fresh strawberries.