I. crave. pasta. If anyone ever told me that I could not eat it, I would be devastated. Likewise, if anyone had ever told me when I was a young girl that I would love it as much as I do now I would have given them a funny look! I hated it as a child. I know, I was weird. Potatoes & Pasta....neither one of them were foods I wanted to eat as a child.
Still, as an adult, I'm not normally a tomato sauced pasta lover. I'd rather have a butter sauce, Asian sauce, or cream sauce with my pasta. However, Saturday I was craving a tomato-ey coated thick pasta. I had some buccatini left in my cupboard and I wanted to use that. I knew to use that I needed a sauce that would flow through the tube of the buccatini.
I decided I had to make do with what was in my cupboard to create a dish because I was not going out in the snowy cold weather we were having on that lovely October day! Seriously, I really hate seeing snow before December. Grumpy is a lot like me when it comes to pasta sauce - and he wants his full of beef if he has it in a tomato based one...so he wasn't extremely excited about the dinner, however, he did eat it and say it was good. I guess that's good enough of an endorsement from him!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Chicken Tenders in Garlic Tomato Sauce
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan. Place chicken tenders in hot oil and season with pepper.
- Cook about 4 minutes on each side over medium heat. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Leave oil from cooking chicken in pan. Add garlic and stir fry for a minute.
- Add chopped parsley and stir-fry another 30 seconds. Add Tomatoes, vegetable broth, water, and chicken bouillon cube.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Place chicken back in pan. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover, remove chicken and set aside. Add tomato paste and simmer 5 minutes uncovered. This will reduce the liquid and thicken it.
- Serve as desired