As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a small cup, dissolve the instant espresso in the hot water.
- In a large bowl, using and electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter and sugar for 2 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl periodically with a flexible spatula. Beat in the espresso mixture and the vanilla, then scrape down the bowl again.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir with the flexible spatula until the dough just comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts until just incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half and place both halves on the lined baking sheet. Shape both pieces into long, narrow logs, about 10 inches long by 3 inches wide, leaving some space between them.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300.
- When the logs are cool enough to handle, place one on a cutting board. Using serrated knife, carefully slice it on a slight diagonal into about 12 ¾-inch thick slices. Lay the slices flat on the baking sheet. Repeat with the other loaf.
- Bake the biscotti for 10 minutes, then take the baking sheet out of the oven. (leave the oven on0 and turn each cookie over. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake 10 minutes longer, until the biscotti are dry and crisp. Remove them from the baking sheet onto a wire rack and let cool.