When I am craving something a little more carb like but don't want to break my carb bank, I always look to making the recipe for Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla. By using a low carb tortilla wrap, I can cut my net carbs down to 7!
This very simple to make appetizer or snack recipe is made with only 5 ingredients and so tasty! While you may not have as crispy of a tortilla as you may have with a regular flour tortilla, you will still have a delicious treat to enjoy when still sticking to your low carb diet!
When I'm on my own for a meal, I like to make something quick, easy, and for the most part, good for me. The night I made this quesadilla I was craving the buffalo chicken flavor. I had some leftover roasted chicken breast and decided to try a quesadilla.
For this particular recipe I used Trader Joe's Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla. One tortilla is only 3 net carbs and perfect for a low carb diet. I felt no guilt whatsoever by doubling the tortilla up and having 6 net carbs! They are full of fiber and super delicious!
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 low carb flour tortillas
- ½ ounce blue cheese , crumbled
- ¾ ounce shredded mexican cheese blend
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1½ ounces cooked chicken breast , sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Butter one side of each tortilla using 1 teaspoon butter per tortilla.
- Toss shredded chicken breast and hot sauce together to coat chicken.Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place 1 tortilla, butter side down on the hot skillet and reduce to medium heat.
- Top the tortilla with ½ of the cheese, ½ of the blue cheese, and all of the chicken mixture.Top chicken mixture with remaining cheeses. Cover with 2nd tortilla, butter side up.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until the bottom tortilla is browned. Carefully turn quesadilla over and cook on other side for 2 minutes, until the quesadilla is browned.Transfer to cutting board and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing, if desired.