These BLT Bites are a low carb appetizer that has all the deliciousness of a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich – without the bread! Cherry tomatoes are filled with a cheesy bacon filling and are the perfect finger food for any picnic or party appetizer!
This week’s Sunday Supper Event is being hosted by Conni of The Foodie Army Wife Bacon. Who does not love it? While there is no lettuce in these bites, the fresh parsley added to the mixture does a great job of adding to the flavor of these tiny bites bursting with bacony flavor! I also added some chipotle to the mix as I love a little heat with my sweet. These tomatoes gave a perfect pop of bacony taste with the sweetness of the tomato kickin’ with that chipotle heat! What a great recipe this turned out to be and a perfect Tantalizing Tray appetizer that you won’t be able to stop popping into your mouth! I made these to take to a friend's housewarming party and not a single one of them was leftover.
Appetizers, or “Tantalizing Trays” are my favorite way of eating! It is always my preference to go to a party where you can mingle and have a little taste of this or that. Tiny bites weren’t such the rage in my younger days, but if they were I would like to think that my Nanny would have been a fan of the rage. One of the things my Nanny always would say (especially when it came to dessert!) would be “I’ll just have a little taste of each please”. Loved her immensely. Still do even though she is no longer physically in our presence. I want to be just like Nanny in every way, and fortunately, because of genetics, I dare say I am darn close!
How about you? Do you like small bites, tantalizing trays? Do you like to have a little taste of each item on the table? What are your favorite bites? Be sure to check out the recipe for these delicious BLT Bites
Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Bites (BLT Bites)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Cut a thin slice off the tomato top. Scoop out pulp and seeds.
- Slice a very thin slice off the bottom of the tomato so tomato will stand still on the platter and invert tomato over a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, bacon, parsley, and chipotle chili powder.
- Spoon cheese filling into tomatoes. Chill until serving.
- Garnish with sprinkles of parsley or green onion tops.
Tammi @ Momma's Meals
I can't believe how creative these are! Who wouldn't love anything BLT related! Thanks for the new idea!