(Giveaway has ended)
Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Bourbon Maple Glaze
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE SCALLOPS
- 12 slices low sodium bacon , cut in half
- 24 large scallops
TO PREPARE THE GLAZE
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, stir together the bourbon, maple syrup, chili pepper flakes, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
TO PREPARE THE SCALLOPS
- Pre-cook the bacon on a large, parchment lined baking sheet at 350 degrees, until the bacon is limp and started to release its fat. Partially cooking the bacon allows the bacon to become crisp by the time the scallops are cooked.
- Remove the bacon from the oven, transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler on high. Line a baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Wrap the partially cooked bacon around the scallops (½ slice bacon per scallop), and secure with a toothpick. Placing each scallop on the prepared baking pan as they are wrapped.
- Evenly coat the scallops with the ½ of the glaze mixture. Broil for 2 minutes.
- Turn the scallops over and evenly coat them with the remaining glaze. Broil for 3 more minutes, or until the scallops are no longer opaque and the bacon is crispy.
- Transfer the scallops to a serving platter and garnish with pomegranate seeds and/or chopped chives.