This Pulled Pork Pizza is a low carb recipe that uses a keto pizza crust that is topped with a sugar-free barbecue sauce, leftover pulled pork, bacon, red onion, and mozzarella cheese. It is finished off a generous serving of chopped fresh cilantro.
If you're looking for a low carb BBQ Pizza recipe to try, then this Pulled Pork Pizza is a great choice. It can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. I have even eaten it for breakfast! It is a great addition to Friday night pizza night as a Keto option.
Using Leftover Pulled Pork for Keto Pizza
Every once in a while I get this craving for pulled pork. When I do get that craving, I will make a pulled pork roast that gives me plenty of leftovers. Some of my family's favorite pulled pork leftover recipes are these pulled pork nachos and pulled pork noodle bowl.
I love the flavor of a barbecue pizza and decided it was about time I tried making a pulled pork pizza that was keto-friendly. I used my go-to Keto pizza crust recipe for the crust. It turns out perfect every single time!
What you need to make this recipe
Pulled Pork: I have been making a basic keto pulled pork recipe for the last few years that is completely keto-friendly and has only 1 net carb per serving. It is made in the Instant Pot Pulled Pork, but there are also instructions for the slow cooker if you need them.
Red Onion: Thin slices of red onion not only make this pizza look nice, but they make it taste great.
Cherry Tomatoes: Slice them in half or quarters depending on the size. I love the natural sweetness and fresh taste they add to this pulled pork pizza.
Bacon: In my opinion, there is nothing better than crisp-cooked bacon. It is an excellent salty and crispy addition to the topping on this pizza. This brand of bacon is my very favorite!
Mozzarella Cheese: Buying a brick of full-fat mozzarella cheese and shredding it yourself is best when making a low carb pizza. Pre-shredded will work also but know that you may be adding carbs that you don't want if you do.
Keto Pizza Crust: I use this keto pizza crust recipe.
Tips for making this low carb pizza
- Line a baking sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper to prevent the keto pizza dough from sticking. This will also make it easier to flip the pizza crust over halfway through baking.
- When using leftover pulled pork, warm it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds to take the refrigerator chill off the meat.
- Toss the pulled pork in about a tablespoon of the sugar-free bbq sauce to keep it from drying out in the oven and to add more barbecue flavor.
- Use full-fat mozzarella cheese for topping the keto pizza. It will melt nicer and be stringier.
- Always start the toppings with a portion of the cheese on top of the sauce, saving the remaining cheese to sprinkle over the toppings.
- Be generous with the cilantro. We are fans of cilantro and love a lot of it on top of our pulled pork pizza.
Make it your way
- Change the protein and make a barbecue chicken pizza. Swap out cooked, shredded chicken breast for the pulled pork.
- Make individual pizzas. Divide the dough into portions and flatten them out into mini pizza circles. Then top as desired.
- Cook the pizza dough in a mini waffle iron and then add toppings and bake in the oven until cheese has melted.
- Instead of red onion slices, make some Easy Pickled Red Onions and sprinkle them on top after the pizza has baked.
- Make a large chaffle pizza crust as I did in this Salami Pizza.
Other Keto Pork recipes
Cabbage Noodles with Bacon are great as a main course, or a tasty side dish.
This Shrimp and Avocado Chaffle has a delicious layer of crispy bacon inside. Use the chaffle recipe alone to make a pulled pork pizza on the chaffle.
*If you made this recipe for Pulled Pork Pizza, please give it a star rating*
Pulled Pork Pizza
- [Low Carb Pizza Crust]
- 1 cup pulled pork
- ⅓ cup sugar-free barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 2 slices cooked bacon chopped
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- Prepare Pizza Crust as instructed.
- Add the toppings to the prebaked pizza crust in the following order: barbecue sauce, cheese, pulled pork, red onion, and bacon.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.