These Fresh Raspberry Muffins are bursting with fresh sweet raspberries and have just enough of that almond aroma come through to entice your family to the breakfast table! They are sweet, tender, and delicious. Everything you want in a muffin! It is also Keto friendly at only 1 net carbs per muffin!
Perfect for Breakfast, Dessert, or just as a snack, these muffins will help satisfy your cravings for something sweet and keep you aligned with your macro requirements for the day.
Grumpy absolutely loves raspberries. About the way I love blueberries. Since being on the Keto diet, I haven't had much fruit in the house. As a matter of fact, the only fruit I've had in this house lately are raspberries.
Doing my research for baking Raspberry Muffins
Since I had little practice with baking since I started the diet, before making this particular recipe, I did a little bit of research on substituting flours. I knew that would probably be my biggest deterrent!
Types of flours used in keto baking
Two of the most common flours used in Keto baking are almond flour and coconut flour. There are several other keto friendly ingredients that you can bake with, but for my first time, I did not want to be too complicated.
- Almond Flour - this flour has no binding agents. It is mostly fat, so when baking with it, you want to watch how much and what type of fat you may be using with it in your recipe.
- Coconut Flour - when using coconut flour, you will want to have a larger volume of wet ingredients. I found that it "swells" when liquid is added to it and it acts like a thickening agent.
What Sweeteners can you use in Keto Baking?
- Erythritol (I use the Swerve brand)
For the sugar, I opted for granulated Swerve brand (Erythritol). It is the one I felt most comfortable with using for my first recipe, not to mention, it is the one I have worked with the most. Swerve is an approved sweetener for the Keto diet and it has no effect on blood sugar. I have since used Monkfruit sweetenter also and have great results with that product.
I hope you will enjoy these Raspberry Muffins as my first baking experiment on Keto! If your into a more traditional cinnamon flavored muffin, this recipe for Keto Cinnamon Collagen Muffins is a great choice!
Fresh Raspberry Muffins
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ⅔ cup erythritol
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In large mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, swerve, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In large microwave safe bowl, microwave butter for about 45 seconds, until just about all melted. Whisk in heavy cream, water, eggs, and almond extract.
- Stir egg mixture into almond flour mixture and whisk well until combined. Gently fold in 1 cup of fresh raspberries.
- Place paper liners in muffin tin. Scoop about ¼ cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake at 325 for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.