Low Carb Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake is a grain-free, sugar-free keto coffee cake full of almond flavor and fresh raspberries. Topped off with a little bit of whipped cream, it is a delicious accompaniment to your morning cup of coffee. This is a great recipe to have for your weekend brunch with your family.
❤️ Why I Love This Recipe
✔️ The texture and flavor was spot on and it is a perfect part or brunch or an afternoon snack.
✔️ I also love that this recipe can pose as a breakfast cake or dessert recipe. It's pretty, it's delicious, and it's very easy to make!
✔️ It makes 8 generous servings with only 4 net carbs per serving.
Cream cheese, I found out years ago when I first made this blueberry coffee cake with cream cheese that it was a great ingredient to use in a recipe like this. It gives the recipe body and is a little more dense. It also adds great flavor.
Butter, adds more fat and moisture.
Almond Flour and coconut flour. Both are gluten free flours. Almond flour will give it texture and coconut flour will help in binding the ingredients together. It works similar to gluten in regular flour but it has super absorbency powers, so a little goes a long way.
Baking powder to leven the recipe and salt to compliment the flavor.
Almond extract is an excellent flavor that goes really well with raspberry. I always have this in my cupboard!
Fresh Raspberries. These can usually be found year round in the grocery stores now. However when they are in season, grab some from the farmer's market for the best berries!
🍽 Serve with…
Serve this keto coffee cake with a hot cup of coffee or tea as part of breakfast, brunch, or afternoon snack..
Bake time for this Low Carb Raspberry Coffee Cake recipe is 35 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In medium sized mixing bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, cream together the cream cheese and the butter.
- Add the Erythritol to the cream cheese mixture and blend until well combined.
- Add the almond extract and eggs, one at a time, beating until creamy. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix until just blended.
- Spread the coffee cake batter into 8-inch round baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of raspberries on top of the batter and press in slightly.
- Bake the coffee cake for 35 minutes, or until the cake begins to brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream if desired.
- Allow the raspberry coffee cake to cool completely before serving. It is fragile when warm and can fall apart easily.
- Mixing the dry ingredients together
- Substitute black raspberries or halved strawberries for the raspberries.
- Use vanilla extract in place of the almond extract.
One of my readers made this coffee cake and substituted a sugar free cranberry sauce for the raspberries. She placed the cranberry sauce on top of the cake and gave it a swirl into the cake. This would be a great adaptation for a holiday brunch.
The crumb on this coffee cake is perfection. You don't want to stop eating it. In all reality, you want to savor it slowly with your coffee. Then when you're done, you look forward to your afternoon snack or next morning meal!
More Keto Breakfast Ideas
Keto Pecan Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Swirl is the perfect weekend brunch recipe that will feed a crowd. If you don't have a crowd, this recipe will also freeze well!
Chunky Monkey Noatmeal is a delicious grain-free cereal that is filling and satisfying.
One of my favorites is this Keto Asiago Bagel. I use it to make a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich and it is SO delicious!
Keto Pancakes are another weekend favorite. This recipe is super easy and delicious!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Keto Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Add the sweetener and blend until well combined. Add almond extract and eggs, one at a time, beating until creamy.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder. Mix with hand blender at medium speed until creamy and fluffy.
- Spread batter into 8-inch round baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Place a layer of raspberries on top of the batter and press in slightly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cake begins to brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Serve with fresh whipped cream if desired.