Grab some cream of coconut, ice, pineapple, and some rum and cool down this week with a Pina Colada Freeze!
We are having some hot and hazy days this summer and cooling down just became much more delicious and fun! This week the SundaySupper Tastemakers are celebrating all things coconut for Pina Colada Day! Thanks to Constance over at Cosmopolitan Cornbread for hosting our event this week!
This cool you down drink is really very simple to make. All you need is a blender or a NutraBullet, some dark and white rum, pineapple, ice, and cream of coconut! Oh, and a few pineapple and cherry garnishes 🙂
The only sweat you may work up in making this drink is cutting up the pineapple. It is that effortless!
Ok, you might sweat a little when pouring 😉
The cream of coconut is slightly sweet and that combined with the pineapple makes this beverage sweet enough that you don't need any other sweeteners added.
So, if you like Pina Coladas, and gettin' caught in the rain... then make this drink, pray for rain, and cool down to celebrate National Pina Colada Day with the rest of our SundaySupper Tastemakers!
- ½ cup fresh pineapple
- 1-½ cups ice
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces cream of coconut
- 1-½ ounces white rum
- 1-½ ounces dark rum
- pineapple slices and maraschino cherries for garnish
- Place ice in blender. Add remaining ingredients. Blend until frosty no large ice chunks remain. Pour into frosty glass and garnish.
- [img src="https://grumpyshoneybunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/label-184x300-1.png" width="184" height="300" class="aligncenter size-full" title="label-184x300"]
- Coconut Granola Bowla by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
PIN IT - PINA COLADA FREEZE!