This Coconut Lime Refresher is a great summertime sweet and tangy adult drink made with fresh limes, rum, and coconut water. It can be blended and frosty, or served over ice. This drink recipe serves 4 people and is great to make for bbq's or as a Friday night wind down for the weekend.
When I first made this Coconut Lime Refresher, I was a member of the Allrecipes Allstar group and would receive their magazine in the mail. One of the recipes in the magazine was for a Brazilian Lemonade.
I took the Brazilian Lemonade idea and made it into an alcholic beverage by adding rum! By blending ice into the drink I made it similar to a boozy slushy drink and one that everyone who tries wants the recipe for!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Fresh limes. Look for heavy limes that give to a touch and has a distinct lime scent when the skin is scratched lightly.
Coconut water. Be sure to buy water similar to this brand. This is not coconut milk, it is clear and looks like water (unless you buy an added flavor to the water).
Sweetened Condensed Milk. This is not an ingredient to skip as it is what gives that milky color to the rum refresher. I like to use this brand in a squeeze bottle for easier storage after use.
Granulated sugar is neeed to add sweetness to the beverage.
Your favorite brand of white rum.
Ice, you can use cubed or crushed.
A heavy duty blender, one that will hole a good amount of volume.
- Clean the limes with a food safe cleaner. I like to use this fruit and veggie wash.
- Cut the limes into 8 sections each.
- Place the limes in the blender. Add the water, coconut water, rum, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, until the limes are broken down int small pieces.
- Pour the coconut lime refresher from the blender into fine mesh strainer over a wide mouth pourable mixing bowl.
- Rinse out the blender and return the coconut lime mixture back into the blender.
- Add the ice and blend until frosty.
- Use a pineapple flavored coconut water in place of plain coconut water.
- Use crushed ice instead of ice cubes and create a slushy coconut lime refresher.
- Blending the entire lime, rind and all, add terrific flavor. However, just adding the juice of 4 juicy limes, will still taste great.
- Make this juice keto friendly and sugar free by using powdered monkfruit in place of the sugar and 3 tablespoons of this sugar free condensed milk.
Other Fruity Adult Drinks To Try
*If you made this Coconut Lime Refresher, please give it a star rating*
Coconut Lime Refresher with Rum
- 4 limes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup white rum
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup ice
- Wash the limes. Cut both ends off lime to remove nubs. Slice 3 of the limes into 8 sections.
- Place sectioned limes in blender. Pour in water, rum, coconut water, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk. Blend for 1-2 minutes, until limes have broken up into small pieces.
- Strain the chunks through a fine meshed sieve into a bowl. Rinse out the blender and return the strained mixture to the blender. Add the ice and blend until frosty. Serve with a lime wedge.