Deviled Eggs with Shrimp and Bacon have a delicious pop of flavor and are a special treat for your Easter table! The sweet and spicy mustard compliments the bacon, shrimp and egg flavor in this tasty little appetizer.
This recipe is adapted from a Cooking Light recipe. It intrigued me there were instant mashed potatoes in the egg mixture, but it was something I just couldn't perceive doing! I personally enjoy the egg yolk in my deviled eggs so I left the mashed potato out of the mixture.
While using mashed potatoes may cut the fat down, it increases the carb count. As most of my readers know, I eat as close to low carb as possible. You can view the original recipe on myrecipes.com if you're interested in making it with the instant mashed potatoes
My family loves deviled eggs. It is one thing we always have as an appetizer during our holiday gatherings. While some people may not care for a lot of "stuff" added to their deviled eggs, this is one that is an exception for me. I loved the flavor the shrimp and bacon brought to the eggs. While I still love a traditional deviled egg, this recipe will certainly be a favorite for our Easter gathering!
More Deviled Egg Recipes
Deviled Eggs with Shrimp and Bacon
- 8 hard boiled eggs shelled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Woebler's Spicy Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper
- ½ cup cooked medium shrimp peeled and chopped
- 3 center-cut bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks.
- Place yolks in a medium sized bowl and mash. Sir in mayonnaise, shrimp and chives.
- Fill egg halves with 1 tablespoon of egg yolk filling. Sprinkle with bacon pieces and a little more chive if desired.