Loaded Peanut Butter Brownies
These Loaded Peanut Butter Brownies are full of fudgy, peanut butter flavor. If you love chocolate and peanut butter, then you are going to love these brownies!

Sometimes the only thing that will make a soul feel better is chocolate. Things happen in life at times that makes you feel like there is nothing you can do because you have hit rock bottom. Fortunately, when you are feeling so despondent, there are others around you who love you and refuse to let you hit that rock bottom so hard that you can’t turn back. Sometimes those others have chocolate ;o)
Loaded Peanut Butter Brownies

I have heard some people say that certain people can “make you” or “break you”. I say the only person who can do either of those things is yourself. I believe strength comes with age, with age comes wisdom. As I have gotten older I have become a very strong person. I think back about how I didn’t used to be and realize I have come a really long way. That doesn’t mean that I don’t have my moments of weakness. There are people out there who would love to break someone who is high on life and happy with themselves. Instead of hating those people though, I pity them. I pity them because they have no idea what it really means to be happy.

Loaded Peanut Butter Brownies

Things that make me happy? The number one thing is my kids. I’m so darn proud of them I could just burst. They are young, so they are still working on their lives. They still have a lot to learn, but the one thing they do have going for them is they both have their mom and their dad to support them in times of despair AND in happiness. Like many parents, my kids are my life. I will do anything it takes to be there for them no matter what they may need!

I will do the simplest things to make my children happy….. like making these brownies! It’s my feeling that nothing shows love like home baked goodness. I believe my children have learned the lesson of how to show their mom the love too.

Loaded Peanut Butter Brownies

A few nights ago when Chris was here, he helped me make the Loaded Peanut Butter Brownies by chopping the peanut butter cups for me. My right shoulder/neck/arm has been bothering me, and as a result of this, I am not able to do things around the house as I have been able to in the past. He was such a good son and helped me clean the flour that spilled on the floor and didn’t show any impatience with me for being so clumsy. His patience surely shows how much he loves his mom!

I made these brownies for Chris because he was having a hard time he told me he wanted brownies. These brownies are the best of all brownies and I knew these were just what he needed. These are definitely not low in fat or calories, but when you are in need of comfort, calories don’t count!

Loaded Peanut Butter Brownies

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped mini peanut butter cups
  • 1/2 cup Reese's pieces

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
  2. Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.
  3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in the chopped peanut butter cups.
  4. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with mini Reeses pieces
  5. Bake in the preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35 minutes.
  6. Remove, and cool pan on a wire rack before cutting.
  7. Store in an air-tight container.

Nutrition Information

Yield

Serving Size

Amount Per Serving Calories 208Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 35mgSodium 146mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 3g

Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.

Did you make this recipe?

Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram

1. Happy cook February 19, 2009 at 10:32 am - Reply

Wow the beownies looks so moist and delicious.
    I totally agee i think i have gotten stronger now tha i am certain age.
    Nanny seem liks she was a wonderful woman.

2. Meg February 19, 2009 at 12:05 pm - Reply

What a beautiful post! Truly touching!

My thoughts are with you and the family and friends of Marie!

Awesome brownies!

3. ~Vanessa~ February 19, 2009 at 12:16 pm - Reply

Shelby – I am sorry that you have been having some medical problems. I love this post for so many reasons! Your Chris is a sweetie, wonder where he gets it from? 🙂 My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Thanks for the recipe, I am going to try it soon!

Hugs,

Vanessa

4. The Hungry Mouse February 19, 2009 at 1:07 pm - Reply

Sorry to hear about your loss, honey pie. I’m right there with you on the chocolate. These look amazing.

+Jessie

5. Katy February 19, 2009 at 2:28 pm - Reply

Shelby, sorry to hear about the loss of such a wonderful lady and friend.

These brownies look fantastic. I love the photo!

So sweet that Chris could be cheered by these, but I think it was because of YOU!

6. shellyfish February 19, 2009 at 2:30 pm - Reply

*hugs*

A beautiful post, HoneyB.

My heart is with you.

7. Barbara Bakes February 19, 2009 at 2:32 pm - Reply

Kids definitely are the best party of life! The brownies look sinfully delicious!

8. Tangled Noodle February 19, 2009 at 2:41 pm - Reply

Just looking at these makes me happy!

Condolences to you and your friend’s family for your loss.

9. Elyse February 19, 2009 at 2:44 pm - Reply

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. It’s true: sometimes there’s nothing better than a bit of chocolate to make you feel better. Looks like these brownies have healing powers. I just happen to have chopped Reese’s left in my fridge from the Reese’s Blondies I just posted about, and I can’t wait to try your brownie recipe! These look divine. I hope you start to feeling better soon!

10. AK Mom February 19, 2009 at 2:53 pm - Reply

I’m so very sorry to hear about your loss. Marie sounds like she was a wonderful woman.

These brownies look so moist and yummy! I wish I had one right now to enjoy with my coffee. 🙂

11. Pam February 19, 2009 at 2:54 pm - Reply

I am sorry for your loss.

How fun that you made these with your son – I am sure they brightened his day right up.

12. Burp and Slurp~! February 19, 2009 at 2:58 pm - Reply

I send my condolences. but I loved this post, it touched me in places other than my appetite. but that said, that brownie looks YUM!

13. Bellini Valli February 19, 2009 at 3:24 pm - Reply

Marie sounds like someone who will always be remembered.

What is also memorable are these brownies. Nothing will get us down but these will keep us high on life:D

14. Jessie February 19, 2009 at 3:43 pm - Reply

I’m sorry for your loss, I know what it is like to lose someone close to you or have days where you feel like you hit rock bottom.

That is what makes us stronger as a person. You and I have one thing well many things in common! but that common thing is : a Positive outlook on life! Which is great because this is why you are happy as a person 🙂

I love your reeses brownies, they definitely happy brownies!

15. WiseAcre February 19, 2009 at 4:32 pm - Reply

Chocolate is good. Chocolate and peanut butter is divine. When I got down to the peanut butter cups and Reesses pieces I knew you baked a piece of Brownie Heaven. Now I can’t decide if I want to go out to the woods to take photos or stay in and bake a batch of these.

I hear you about kids. I love mine dearly and they’re the most important part of my life. Still I can’t help calling them my ‘dear little life sucking parasites’ 🙂

16. averagebetty February 19, 2009 at 4:35 pm - Reply

Beautiful story and tribute. The brownies look delicious 😉

17. Maria February 19, 2009 at 4:39 pm - Reply

I already feel better after reading this post! The brownies look superb!

18. Erin February 19, 2009 at 4:40 pm - Reply

Sometimes chocolate is the best medicine. I hope everything gets better. These brownies look delicious!

19. Lisa February 19, 2009 at 5:22 pm - Reply

Sorry for your loss. Nice post and delicious looking brownies.

20. Bob February 19, 2009 at 6:43 pm - Reply

I could use some of those right now! Why not send me some? 🙂

21. natalia February 19, 2009 at 7:00 pm - Reply

I send you a big hug !!

22. Laura February 19, 2009 at 7:32 pm - Reply

I agree that chocolate can help an awful lot–I’m sorry you’ve been needing it lately. 🙁

I just found the baking pb cups and peppermint patties and bought a zillion more bags–what an evil addiction this baking with candy pieces is turning into.

23. JyLnC February 19, 2009 at 7:34 pm - Reply

I’m sorry you lost a friend and chocolate does soothe the soul when hearts are sad.

24. duodishes February 19, 2009 at 7:41 pm - Reply

You can’t possibly be down in the dumps after eating these.

25. Andrea February 19, 2009 at 8:11 pm - Reply

What a beautiful post. Being a parent is amazing. I love how sweet your son is and what a special relationship you have. The brownies look wonderful too 🙂

26. Melissa February 19, 2009 at 8:30 pm - Reply

I think these would make me feel better no matter what. They look scrumptiously delicious!

27. Flourchild February 19, 2009 at 8:42 pm - Reply

Bless your heart. What a wonderful mother you are. Im so sorry about your friend passing. I know your kids love you to pieces, who wouldn’t. Great looking brownies.

28. cakeflower February 19, 2009 at 9:13 pm - Reply

I loved your post…we think alike! I also would love these brownies…if only my family would eat them too! I would eat the whole pan! Nice photographs!

29. cakewardrobe February 19, 2009 at 9:25 pm - Reply

Aww You’re such a cute mommie!!

30. Sabrina February 19, 2009 at 11:15 pm - Reply

You are a wonderful mom and your children are blessed by your warmth and love for them!
    Those brownies are making me droooool!!!! 🙂

31. Reeni♥ February 19, 2009 at 11:33 pm - Reply

I’m sorry about your friend, HoneyB. Here’s some HUGS. Your post made me sad, cause I’m not getting along with my Mom for the first time in my life. I wish she had your attitude toward me. Then all would be well. Your brownies look scrumptious!! I can smell them, ha, cause I just baked some too!

32. noble pig February 20, 2009 at 12:24 am - Reply

What a sweet tribute with a beautiful dessert.

33. Matt's Kitchen February 20, 2009 at 1:01 am - Reply

This was such a touching post to read. I agree with all of your reflections, from what makes us grow as people to how much we love our children.

People like Marie Coe always inspire me with their selfless way of giving to others. I hope your former pastor gets a chance to read your tribute to her!

34. Kevin February 20, 2009 at 3:08 am - Reply

These peanut butter candy brownies sound so decadent and good!

35. Ingrid February 20, 2009 at 3:41 am - Reply

Sorry to hear of the rough patch. The brownies do look like they’d cheer someone up.

I haven’t heard that saying in a while…da bomb!
    ~ingrid

36. Robin Sue February 20, 2009 at 1:35 pm - Reply

I think you are the brownie queen. No- I KNOW you are the brownie queen. People around you must love that you bake such great things!

37. Teanna February 20, 2009 at 3:47 pm - Reply

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off of my chin!

38. Carrie February 20, 2009 at 7:34 pm - Reply

So colorful!

39. Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella February 23, 2009 at 8:38 am - Reply

Yes I can absolutely believe that these will solve all of life’s problems! 🙂

40. Carrian February 24, 2009 at 12:15 am - Reply

Very touching post. These brownies look just perfect. I can’t wait to make them for my sweet toothed husband

41. TourGuideJenn February 25, 2009 at 4:05 pm - Reply

HB – sorry for your loss. It can be difficult when someone from the past leaves us — you’re mourning both the person and the time in your life they represent. Here’s wishing you and the Pastor’s family the best.

42. heartofacountryhome February 25, 2009 at 8:47 pm - Reply

We’re drooling over these brownies! They look awesome!

43. Michelle February 26, 2009 at 10:07 pm - Reply

I just found your blog this week and immediately printed off this brownie recipe. I made these yesterday and they are soooo good!
    I hope you don’t mind me sharing the recipe on my blog. It is fantastic!

44. Olivia February 27, 2009 at 8:15 pm - Reply

Now this is my kind of brownie. I bet those Reeses pieces add a nice little crunch texture to them brownie too.

45. bakersbakery March 3, 2009 at 6:32 pm - Reply

pregnancy + food blog reading = must have reeses pieces RIGHT NOW!

46. cindy March 9, 2009 at 3:25 pm - Reply

So I made these–thought I had everything in the pantry. 1 1/2 cups is a lot of little peanut butter cups (I must have eaten a few!) Anyway I checked my candy supply and found some mini buttefingers. They are kind of peanut butter tasting so I thought they would work. I chopped up about 1/2 c and add to the yummy batter. Something went very wrong!! I think the Butterfingers melted and turned to cement! I could not get them out of the pan. Note to self: do not use butterfingers in baking!! I purchased more peanut butter cups and am anxious to try this again. Wish me luck. I really don’t fail that often (at baking sweets that is) but when I do it is pretty spectacular! It took me two days to scrape the butterfinger cement from my stoneware!

47. moshell's lilbit of space May 4, 2009 at 9:38 pm - Reply

I made these brownies for my last evening college class (and a pan for home) but these are the BEST brownies EVER!!!!!

thank you so much for sharing this wonderful receipe.

48. The JDRF Capitol Chapter February 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm - Reply

Shelby we Tweeted your idea because we think it is a great one and so yummy too! We know your sale was successful! How could it not, with such sweet brownies!

49. honeyb May 28, 2013 at 2:04 am - Reply

Came over to check these out. I was thinking "bummer, I don't have any Reese cups" then I remember hiding in my fridge are some of those mini ones that I don't even have to unwrap! Think I might have to make a half batch of these–tomorrow. Lurve!

50. Bea July 23, 2015 at 3:59 am - Reply

Just made these brownies yesterday for my colleagues. They loved them.
    Many thanks for sharing the recipe.

51. Miriah October 18, 2019 at 8:01 am - Reply