If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t been baking much lately. A lot has been going on that has kept me out of the kitchen. However, in what I have had for free time, I have been looking through my CL Annual Recipes cookbook for 1999. Which is where my Longevity Noodles came from (yum – I will be making them again).

This morning since I was up early again, I decided to go ahead an make the Blueberry Crumb Cake recipe I had tabbed and had been thinking about making the last few days. The house smells wonderful this morning and my co-workers are going to be nicely surprised on this Friday morning. :o)

Blueberry Crumb Cake

1 cup blueberries
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.

Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Line bottom with wax paper, and coat wax paper with cooking spray.

Beat 2/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed of a mixer until blended (about 5 minutes). Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Lightly spoon 1-1/3 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Comgine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in blueberries.

Pour into prepared pan. Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle sugar mixture over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

8 servings
Calories: 264
Fat: 8.2 grams
Fiber 1.5 grams
WW Points: 6

1. Medena (-Melitta-) February 27, 2009 at 12:50 pm - Reply

Oh, I am so making this today!
    Love blueberry cakes, muffins, anything!
    Looks great, I wanted to eat it right away, and then I realized I have all the ingredients, even blueberries to hit the stage immediately! I can still make it for breakfast ๐Ÿ™‚
    Will post about results, off I go ๐Ÿ™‚

2. eatsandtreats February 27, 2009 at 12:55 pm - Reply

I have a bunch of frozen blueberries from this summer that I need to use up and this looks PERFECT. YAY!

3. Meg February 27, 2009 at 1:43 pm - Reply

I am drooling over here! I love anything with a crumb topping!

4. The Food Librarian February 27, 2009 at 1:50 pm - Reply

Yum. I love crumb cakes! This one looks delicious and what a treat for your co-workers!

5. teresa February 27, 2009 at 1:54 pm - Reply

Oh that looks gorgeous, I may just have to make that now and eat it for breakfast!

6. Barbara Bakes February 27, 2009 at 2:06 pm - Reply

I love crumb cakes. I love it even more that it’s a Cooking Light recipe!

7. Christy February 27, 2009 at 2:51 pm - Reply

You must be reading my mind, I’m looking for a great blueberry recipe to serve the kids for breakfast next week for their big testing week at school. You’re amazing!

This looks absolutely delicious and your pictures are beautiful! I’m adding this to my menu right now! Thanks for sharing such a fantastic recipe. {{hugs}}

8. Stephanie February 27, 2009 at 3:08 pm - Reply

Oh, I love a good crumb cake. That looks just beautiful.

9. Mari at Once Upon a Plate February 27, 2009 at 3:12 pm - Reply

Shelby, I’m practically drooling on the keyboard!

Another one I’ve gotta try. Thank you so much for sharing such fabulous recipes. xo~m.

10. Bunny February 27, 2009 at 3:16 pm - Reply

OMG I love it!! Look at that cake it ‘s perfect!!!

11. Creative One February 27, 2009 at 3:34 pm - Reply

Yummy! This cake would hit the spot right now.

12. Pam February 27, 2009 at 3:50 pm - Reply

I would so love this for breakfast right now. It looks fantastic Shelby.

13. Bob February 27, 2009 at 4:47 pm - Reply

Crumb cake is one of my absolute favorites! That looks fantastic.

14. Leslie February 27, 2009 at 4:52 pm - Reply

Everything you make looks delicious!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com

15. Dawn February 27, 2009 at 5:09 pm - Reply

hey sweetie! I gave you a shout out on my blog, well, a shout out about your baked items. just thought I’d let ya know. happy weekend!

16. Ingrid February 27, 2009 at 5:17 pm - Reply

The top of that cake looks so, so yummy. I love the close up of it! Lucky co-workers!
    ~ingrid

17. pinkstripes February 27, 2009 at 5:28 pm - Reply

Oh yum, that looks so delicious. What a great treat for a Friday morning.

18. Daily Spud February 27, 2009 at 5:46 pm - Reply

I love the fact that the plate says ‘enjoy… enjoy…’ – how appropriate ๐Ÿ™‚

19. recipes2share February 27, 2009 at 6:04 pm - Reply

I had noticed but this really makes up for a non-baking time! Gorgeous!

20. noble pig February 27, 2009 at 6:27 pm - Reply

I would like to send my resume to where you work so I can be on the receiving end of these awesome treats!

21. Robin Sue February 27, 2009 at 6:28 pm - Reply

This cake is heanvenly looking. I am looking forward to summer berries again. Crumb cake has to be on of the best types of cake and so fancy but so simple too. The noodles with shrimp looks delish and I have been craving shrimp! Will try soon.

22. Medena (-Melitta-) February 27, 2009 at 6:43 pm - Reply

Made it, and it is of course delicious! Not just great, but we could barely stop and save some for the kids when they come home from school ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thank you!

23. Jessie February 27, 2009 at 7:14 pm - Reply

oh my, blueberry crumb cake is one of my favorites crumb cakes out there. You already know I’m such a coffee fanatic, I love a great coffee along with blueberry crumb cake ๐Ÿ™‚

24. Tangled Noodle February 27, 2009 at 8:05 pm - Reply

I was perfectly content snacking on dry saltine crackers until I saw these pictures . . .

25. Spryte February 27, 2009 at 8:17 pm - Reply

That looks so good!!!

26. emily February 27, 2009 at 9:14 pm - Reply

You have the LUCKIEST coworkers!! Oh my!

Emily

27. Jennifer February 27, 2009 at 9:25 pm - Reply

YUm!!!! I love blueberry cake anything!

28. duodishes February 27, 2009 at 10:21 pm - Reply

It’s a blue surprise when you cut it open. The bottom layer looks great!

29. Katypi February 28, 2009 at 12:40 am - Reply

HoneyB, that looks positively delish! That last photo of yours had me YEARNING!

30. Veronica February 28, 2009 at 1:59 am - Reply

The cake looks delicious…but what I really love is that Enjoy plate!

31. Leslie February 28, 2009 at 2:21 am - Reply

Perfect, just perfect!

32. Elyse February 28, 2009 at 3:12 am - Reply

Yum! This looks so delicious. I just bought a huge package of blueberries, and I’ve been looking for a tried-and-true recipe like this one. Even my picky boyfriend just leaned over my should and told me that “That looks good. Youl should make that.” Huge kudos to you for evoking those compliments from him–and of course, as usual, I think your treats look delicious!

33. Anonymous February 28, 2009 at 5:09 am - Reply

I came here via foodgawker and this looked just so amazing that I had to make it. It’s DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing.

34. Donna-FFW February 28, 2009 at 12:48 pm - Reply

Does this ever look gorgeous!! I love blueberry coffee cake. I have got to try this. I want one right now with my coffe, not a whole one, just a slice, please??

35. Anonymous February 28, 2009 at 3:16 pm - Reply

I plan to make this today! I just bought blueberries yesterday and made pancakes with them. I was wondering what to do with the rest of them! Thanks!

Also, did you try putting the blueberries in flour so that they don’t settle to the bottom? I don’t it really matters because your cake look perfect as is!

36. Priscilla February 28, 2009 at 4:48 pm - Reply

This looks sooo yummy. I love anything blueberries.

37. Priscilla February 28, 2009 at 4:49 pm - Reply

This looks sooo yummy. I love anything blueberries.

38. Patsyk February 28, 2009 at 6:45 pm - Reply

My husband loves blueberry crumb cake. Yours looks incredible and it’s from one of my favorite recipe sources!

39. Peggy March 1, 2009 at 12:26 am - Reply

I wish I were your co-worker! This blueberry cake looks fabulous. hope you are staying warm and out of trouble this weekend!! ๐Ÿ™‚

40. CookiePie March 1, 2009 at 5:19 am - Reply

That looks soooo delicious!

I’m so sorry – I never got your email! Can you resend it? My address is sparkyluma@yahoo.com. So sorry for the trouble!

41. Irene March 1, 2009 at 6:31 am - Reply

Wow! This looks really fantastic, moist, sweet and delicious! A blueberry crumb cake is probably my favorite coffee cake (and wouldn’t you know, I have some frozen blueberries cooling their heels in the freezer right now… hmmmm…….). Thanks for a great recipe!

42. Cookin'mama March 1, 2009 at 7:25 am - Reply

I am loving the crumb! I just got a quart of organic blueberries for $3.99. I can’t think of a better way to use them!

43. Burp and Slurp~! March 1, 2009 at 4:00 pm - Reply

this looks freaking incredible. anything with crumble topping is great, in my opinion.

44. natalia March 1, 2009 at 4:26 pm - Reply

Ciao ! I love this cake ! I hope everything is ok with you !!

45. Laura March 2, 2009 at 4:33 am - Reply

You bake in the morning BEFORE WORK? What are you, some kind of insane-o morning person? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Seriously this looks great–I hope your co-workers appreciate you!

46. Poddys March 3, 2009 at 8:13 pm - Reply

Oh yummy! I love Blueberries, whether it’s in Muffins or Cake. This looks mouth-wateringly good. Not good for the diet of course, but who cares if it tastes as good as it looks. You have to treat yourself sometimes.