My very first post from our brand new home 🙂
This however is not the first thing I have baked/cooked here. This is my first opportunity to actually make something and photograph it however. We have been super busy. We I started moving the day after our closing. I had the entire week off so I packed up as much as I possibly could from the house and started moving it over. Making about 2-3 trips a day. While everything didn't go super smooth, the end result, being in our own home, is with it all.
This morning I wanted to use up the 3 bananas I had that were getting over ripe. I have all this SPLENDA® I received when doing the Apple vs. Pumpkin post for Allrecipes.com and SPLENDA®. I decided to try and redo AR's Banana Crumb Muffin to see how it would turn out using the Brown Sugar Blend in the crumb topping. As it turned out, it was quite good. Would I use it again? Sure would. So do I recommend trying it yourself if your trying to cut your sugar intake? Sure would!
In another day or so I will post my top 10 for 2013. I was surprised to see that a few of my posts are still in the top 10 from a few years ago! Please stop back to check it out! Now I will leave you with the recipe for the Lower Sugar Version of Banana Crumb Muffins.
- muffin batter
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ plus 2 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend
- 1-½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, mix mashed banana, egg, melted butter and Splenda Sugar blend together. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined (a few dry spots are ok!)
- Line muffin tin with paper liners and fill cups about ¾ full with batter.
- Using a fork, combined brown sugar blend, flour, butter, and cinnamon until crumbly. Do not over mix. It is ok to have some chunks of butter and some drier brown sugar parts.
- Sprinkle topping over muffins. Bake in 375 oven for 15-18 minutes (my oven took 18 minutes). Place on cooling rack to cool slightly before eating! Store leftovers in airtight container.