Last week I shared the awesome recipe for Buffalo-Style Stuffed Eggs with you. This week I am sharing a traditional recipe that I found on all recipes.com - only with a slightly different twist (for me anyway). We ended up going next door on Easter Sunday to our neighbor's house and I took these eggs. I don't know too many people who don't enjoy deviled eggs! Since this is slightly different to me from how mom always made them I decided that I should share this with you - and the difference with these eggs would be there is sugar and vinegar in them. I went with monkfruit instead of sugar Have you made eggs this way?
Traditional Deviled Eggs
- Place eggs in a pot of cold water, bring them to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, turn the heat off and let them sit covered for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and run cold water over top and add a couple of scoops of ice to water to chill quicker. Once eggs are cool, you can peel them.
- Halve eggs and place whites on serving platter.
- Mash egg yolk and mix well with mayonnaise, dijon mustard, monkfruit, and rice vinegar.
- Garnish and chill until ready to serve.