A sweet and tangy easy to make dessert recipe, this Strawberry Rhubarb Tart looks like something you would find in a pastry shop. This delicious recipe is perfect for bridal showers and baby showers!
Rhubarb is one of my favorite ingredients to use and while the strawberries are the star of this show, the rhubarb jam complements it perfectly.
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ It is as easy as laying out the filo dough and spreading the jam coated strawberries on top!
✔️This strawberry rhubarb tart is a low fat recipe with only 228 calories per serving and a perfect dessert for those on a lower calorie diet.
✔️It is very versatile and can be combined with any of your favorite fruits and jam.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine rhubarb jam and strawberries in a large bowl. Stir to coat the berries with the jam; set aside. Mix the sugar and cardamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Lie the phyllo phyllo dough out flat on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Using a pastry brush cover the phyllo dough with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Fold the edges of the dough up on all 4 sides, pinching it together to form a large tart shell.
- Sprinkle the dough with the sugar mixture.
- Place the strawberry mixture in center of the dough being careful to keep the filling inside the edges. Sprinkle top of berry mixture with 1 tablespoon sugar and the sliced almonds.
- Bake the tart in oven for about 20 minutes, or until the dough has browned nicely. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Large rimmed baking sheet
Store this tart in an air tight container on the counter for up to 4 days, in the fridge up to 1 week, and in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Substitute any of your favorite berries for the fresh strawberries.
- If desired, brush the edges of the tart with whisked egg to aid in browning the tart.
- Substitute pie crust for the phyllo dough.
Remove one package of Phyllo dough from the box and bring to room temperature before using. It is best to not remove the phyllo dough from the wrapper until you are ready to assemble the tart.
Phyllo and filo dough are two different terms for the same product.
Yes, but if you do, I recommend steaming the rhubarb for 8 minutes to soften it and increase the amount of jam to ½ cup to accommodate for the loss of sugar from the strawberries.
🍽 Serve with...
Enjoy this Strawberry Rhubarb Tart on it's own or topped with sweetened whipped cream or a scoop of homemade Rhubarb Ice Cream!
Strawberry Rhubarb Tart
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stir jam into sliced berries and set aside. Mix sugar and cardamon and set aside.
- Lie filo dough out flat on baking sheet (I covered mine with a slipmat) and using a pastry brush cover filo dough with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Fold edges of filo dough on all 4 sides.
- Sprinkle entire filo dough (crust and center) with cardamon sugar. You may not use all of it. I did use most because my berries were tart and the jam wasn’t super sweet.
- Place jam and berry mixture in center of dough being careful to keep inside of the edges. Sprinkle top of berry mixture with 1 Tablespoon sugar and the sliced almonds.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until filo dough has browned nicely.
- Enjoy plain or with some sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!