This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own. Jambalaya Salad Bowl was created as a part of this campaign.
Barbecue Shrimp and Chicken Andouille Sausage paired together on a bowl of Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix, Original flavor rice and topped with an Avocado Salad. This Jambalaya Salad Bowl is a delicious and different way to celebrate Mardi Gras!
I've never been to New Orleans, but it is on my bucket list to visit this city of intrigue and mystery. The festivities that surround the city at Mardi Gras is something I would love to experience! I imagine the food and celebrations would be unforgettable and amazing. I imagine a foodie heaven filled flavor and textures.
Grumpy and I love our food full of flavor and this Jambalaya Salad Bowl hit the spot to perfection for us. When I told some of my co-workers what I was going to be making, I was told that they would gladly take leftovers. The problem with that was, there were no leftovers! I made up for it by taking them the Nutella Skillet Brownies. I think I was
forgiven slightly forgiven.
Since Grumpy and I both work long days, I wanted to make a quick and easy recipe. I decided to start with the Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix, Original flavor, and created a salad topping that came together real quick!
While the rice was cooking I prepped the avocado salad with some lime juice, cilantro and red onion.
I separately cooked the bacon, then the chicken sausage and lastly the shrimp. I then tossed the shrimp in some spicy barbecue sauce.
By this time the rice was ready! I assembled my salad with a bed of rice, then topped with some shrimp, sausage, and bacon, then topped it all off with the fresh avocado salad. A delicious and satisfying meal for any night of the week!
What recipe would you make with Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix to celebrate Mardi Gras at home?
Follow Zatarain's on Social Media
Want more of Grumpy's Honeybunch? Follow me on my social media channels!
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 tablespoons diced bacon
- 2 andouille chicken sausage links, sliced
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp
- ½ cup store bought barbecue sauce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix, Original flavor, made according to package instructions
- Cook Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix, Original flavor according to package instructions.
- In large skillet, cook diced bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside. Add chicken sausage to pan and cook until warmed and slightly crisp around the edges. Remove and set aside with bacon. Add shrimp to skillet and saute until opaque. Stir in barbecue sauce to coat shrimp. Remove from heat.
- Prepare avocado salad by tossing avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and red onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble salad by layering with rice in bottom of bowl, topped with the chicken sausage, shrimp, and bacon. Then top with avocado salad. Serve.
This week twenty Sunday Supper Tastemakers have created recipes for Zatarain's to help you celebrate Mardi Gras in style this year! Be sure to check them out below before you go!
Appetizers and Soup
- Chicken Jambalaya Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Jambalaya Cajun Shrimp Bites from Daily Dish Recipes
- Skillet Jambalaya Dip from Life Tastes Good
- Tex Mex Jambalaya Taco Cups from Flavor Mosaic
- Chicken and Sausage Jamburritos from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Chicken and Shrimp Quinoa Jambalaya from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Crock Pot Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya from Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Crock Pot Creole Jambalaya from Flour On My Face
- Easy Jambalaya Stuffed Peppers from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Hawaiian Jambalaya from Shockingly Delicious
- Jambalaya Lettuce Wraps from Magnolia Days
- Jambalaya Pasta with Crawfish and Sausage from Bobbi’s Kozi Kitchen
- Jambalaya Salad Bowl from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Jambalaya Stuffed Baked Potatoes from Fearless Dining
- Jambalaya with Shrimp and Crispy Wings from Feeding Big
- Portuguese Style Jambalaya from Family Foodie
- Spicy Chicken Jambalaya with Sausages and Green Beans from Panning the Globe
- Turkey Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya from Cooking Chat
- Vegetarian Jambalaya Stuffed Red Peppers Casserole from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Zatarain's Roasted Chicken with Jambalaya Stuffing from Recipes Food and Cooking
Have you signed the #SundaySupper pledge to eat together as a family? Do it right here!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.