My pairing this month for the Secret Recipe Club was with Sarah of The Pajama Chef. Lucky for me, Sarah makes a lot of breakfast food and I tend to get my assignment done on the weekends. The weekend is usually when I will make pancakes or waffles for breakfast, so it worked out perfectly! I had to get my assignment done early this month because Grumpy and I were going to be headed to Wilmington, NC to visit my son Christopher over the July 4th holiday. Excitement is in the air for me as I type this and anticipate seeing my son for the first time in a year. It's the longest I have ever gone without getting to see him and hug on him!
Sarah and I have a few things in common. She has kitties in her house as do Grumpy and I and she has memories of baking cookies with her grandmother. That is the one thing in common that makes me really emotional because I miss my Nanny so much still. I miss the time we spent together and I am thankful I had such a wonderful Grandmother to do things like bake cookies, snuggle with in the mornings, and stuff teddy bears with.
I decided to go with her Peaches and Cream Pancakes. These pancakes were pretty darn good. The amount of pancake recipes on her blog and Sarah stating in her post what makes a great pancake (butter and lots of baking powder), tells me that this girl knows her cakes. 🙂 I love a fluffy pancake. Who doesn't? I also love peaches and happened to have two left on Sunday morning. I even had some greek peach yogurt and crystallized ginger. Imagine that! Made making this recipe real easy to do without having to get anything at the grocery store!
It should go without saying here, but just in case you're a first time visitor her, I will also state that I had no choice but to add a little bit of blueberry to my topping mixture. I absolutely adore blueberries. Grumpy, not so much, but since I put up with a lot of things he likes that I don't, then I figured this morning he would have to put up with blueberries in the topping.....if he chose to use the topping. Ended up he just poured pure maple syrup over top of his pancakes. I followed the pancake recipe to a T but mixed up the peaches and blueberries with a little bit of maple syrup to give the cakes some more sweetness.
- 1-½ cups all purpose flour
- 3-½ teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-¼ cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon crystalized ginger, chopped
- yogurt for topping (I used peach)
- 2 fresh peaches, skin removed and chopped
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.In a large measuring cup, whisk milk, egg, vanilla extract, and butter together. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into well. Stir until just combined. Stir in crystallized ginger and ½ of the peaches.Pour batter onto hot greased griddle (I use a large cookie scoop which is about ¼ cup). Cook for a few minutes until bubbles start to form on top and bottom is nicely browned. Flip and continue cooking 1-2 minutes more, until golden brown.Top with yogurt and peach topping. to make peach topping, mix remaining peaches with a few blueberries and maple syrup.
PEACHES AND CREAM PANCAKES - PIN IT!
Little Susie Home Maker
Sounds heavenly! I am a big pancake fan, and all the toppings are some of my favorites. I can't wait to try, especially with the crystallized ginger!
What a perfect weekend breakfast! I hope you had a wonderful trip visiting your son!
Lesa @ Edesias Notebook
What yummy pancakes! They look so sunny and summery!
Kate | Food Babbles
These pancakes sound AMAZING!! Love the peaches and blueberries on top and the crystalized ginger in there must have tasted incredible. I need to make these!
Wonderful! These look SO delicious! 🙂
My pancakes are not so good, according to the peanut gallery. The peaches might distract them! Nice pick for the SRC.
Also a fan of the fluffy pancake - and blueberries! Love the peach twist and can't wait to give them a try
so glad you liked these pancakes, shelby! i was actually just thinking i should make them again soon because i bought peaches this weekend at the farmer's market. 🙂
Hi Shelby! I had you for this month's assignment and I have to say that I've fallen in love with your recipe for the Fleur de sel Caramels. I could have eaten the whole batch if I didn't think my teeth would stick together permanently. Thanks so much for the inspiration! 🙂
Those pancakes look incredible!